Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle Dukenstein (production interrupted)
Beatlebattle Offline

Threads: 5
Castle Dukenstein (production interrupted)

Hello again,

A few weeks ago I uploaded an early stage of the story. The story is still unfinished but we encountered some problems which made us to stop the story. I'm uploading the results anyway. It includes 8 maps with some basic puzzles and scripts:

http://hotfile.com/dl/104944157/49a0af7/...n.rar.html
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 05:33 PM by Beatlebattle.)
02-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Castle Dukenstein (production interrupted)

To bad the progress got interrupted, you had really done alot of map design work. Im thinking maybe we could join in together, everyone here on the forum and work on the game for like a week or so each then we could finish it Smile. But its alot of work...but would really be a fun project Smile. Only rule is that you don't delete someone else content, and maybe we should set up some guidelines on where we are heading in the end with it Smile.
02-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
Beatlebattle Offline

Well I got in this new project and we are thinking of merging this story into it to make one big whole of it. I hope I can get some tips from people who downloaded this story so I can improve certain things like some glitches maybe. Would be a shame if this story was made in vane. But I doubt that it is Wink
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

Awesome Big Grin. Well it needs more work on pretty much everything Smile. More particle effect and lightning planning mostly on the level design, and of course lots and lots of scripting^^

02-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Find
Beatlebattle Offline

Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot think of anything to improve lightning. What exactly do you mean? Like boxlights or entities or maybe billboards? Also I'd like to know what kind of particles your talking about. I haven't been working alot with those besides water streams. I'm getting kinda stuck at the skill level I am now so I need some tips.
02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Find
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1

From what I've seen, I'd suggest a few boxlights, since some of the rooms are a little too dark. pre-lit areas should at least have a point light covering most of the room.
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Find