Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renderer #0 could not be initialized, once again
St3nsson Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Renderer #0 could not be initialized, once again

Hi,
I've tried to search for a solution but i cannot find one that works. I am having problems with the demo, and buying the game, with this error appearing when I try to start the demo, is not something I'll do.

I have a laptop, a MSI cx620.

i5-430M
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 with 1 gb DDR3 VRAM
4 gb ram

Ehm, i'm not that good this part but to me my computer seems fine and shouldn't have any problem with this game.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!
02-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Renderer #0 could not be initialized, once again

Tried to update drivers?

02-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Website Find
St3nsson Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Renderer #0 could not be initialized, once again

Yes, everything is up to date. I've checked that and updated all drivers.

But I am having problems with one, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Its the latest one but it says it won't start. I thought it could be that but I can't get it to work and I do have another driver that deals with graphics. I'm sorry, I'm not very high on domputer stuff.

You think it could be the Standard VGA driver thats messing everything up?
I noticed that some people uploaded this file. Maybe it will help?
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2011, 12:44 PM by St3nsson.)
02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Find
Xanthe_ Offline

Threads: 0

(02-20-2011, 12:37 PM)St3nsson Wrote: Yes, everything is up to date. I've checked that and updated all drivers.

But I am having problems with one, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Its the latest one but it says it won't start. I thought it could be that but I can't get it to work and I do have another driver that deals with graphics. I'm sorry, I'm not very high on domputer stuff.

You think it could be the Standard VGA driver thats messing everything up?
I noticed that some people uploaded this file. Maybe it will help?
Theres your problem.

Uninstall driver. Be sure its gone (check there if there are Ati CCC or somenthing like it). Then install new (or almost new driver, there can be sometime left some crap on windows registry thats messes all.)

If u did download drivers from msi, try next time load them from amd site or backwards.

2x L5640 | AMD HD6950 | Asus Z8NA-D6 | Seasonic X750 | 6GB Kingston | Ageia PhysX | Win8 & Arch
02-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The problem is that the game is trying to use the integrated graphics chip and not the Radeon card. It might be that you need new drivers that you download from ati.com or you might need to add a profile (in the control panel for the graphic card) or in some other way force the system to use the Radeon card.
02-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Website Find