Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atioglxx.dll error
Dehumanizer Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago atioglxx.dll error

Hi,

I created a thread some days ago about an error when trying to run Amnesia (Thread). I've reinstalled a new copy of Windows XP, the newest drivers and the game, but the error: FATAL ERROR: Unable to initialize display! continues. Now I tried to replace the file atioglxx.dll to a new one... with the one installed with the official driver, the Amnesia launcher doesn't run (with no error, message, nothing... just doesn't open) and the Amnesia.exe gives the same FATAL ERROR: Unable to initialize display!. With the atioglxx.dll downloaded from the internet, the Amnesia launcher works perfectly, but the Amnesia.exe gives the same error.

Any solutions?
02-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: atioglxx.dll error

Are you only downloading atioglxx.dll and manually replacing that file? Or have you downloaded the full driver install from ATI?

Trying to run in window mode does not work?
02-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Website Find
Dehumanizer Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: atioglxx.dll error

(02-21-2011, 07:04 AM)jens Wrote: Are you only downloading atioglxx.dll and manually replacing that file? Or have you downloaded the full driver install from ATI?

Trying to run in window mode does not work?

I have tried both, downloading the atioglxx.dll by a dll site (I got better results, I could at least open the Amnesia Launcher) and the full driver by this site: ATI. But none of them worked...

I tried all the possibles configs on Amnesia (window mode, full screen, low, high, etc.).

Obs.: With the Amnesia Demo I got the same error.
02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Find