Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Freezes/Crashes Upon Reaching The Menu Screen
kotacoot Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia Freezes/Crashes Upon Reaching The Menu Screen

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased Amnesia and upon starting up the launcher and editing my gamma settings, the game freezes after the loading screen, my screen flashes with lines of white, then goes black for a bit (then goes back to normal view) resulting in Amnesia being unresponsive with the only way of interaction being to terminate it in task manager

I've tried many of the solutions in previous threads but none seem to work. I've even tested my computer to see if it could run the game on "Can You Run It?" and it came up as positive. I've even tweaked all the settings to the lowest possible outcome and it lasts for a bit longer, but then crashes

I use Windows Vista and my hpl.log is below. Please, if you could help, I would appreciate it. Smile

Edit: I tried to run the demo and it came up with this error...
"Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module atioglxx.dll at 001B:696BBD0D, atiPS()+6230349 byte(s)", I also tried updating my ATI Radeon Driver, and Windows claims that my software is up to date.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 06:23 PM by kotacoot.)
02-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Freezes/Crashes Upon Reaching The Menu Screen

Trying the demo will give you more certain results. Why not try it? Why everyone trusts CRYI so much? Does Frictional officially bound with CRYI? Or CRYI promises to refund you if game doesn't work?

BTW, it seems you have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650, which should run the game more than fine. Try to update your drivers from official site, and for more information check the troubleshooting topic.

02-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Website Find