Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video/Graphic Card and Driver Question
JamIsTasty Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Video/Graphic Card and Driver Question

Okay, I know this isn't really specific to Amnesia, but I need help!
So I bought the game and I'm getting the common "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized!" when I try to start up the game.

What I want to know is if I have to buy some sort of card for this, or do I download new drivers or something. I am so bad with type of computer stuff, and I'm really sorry! I just really want to play Amnesia Undecided

I don't think I've ever downloaded drivers in my life, so if someone could explain what drivers I need and whatnot, that would be great.
I don't know if you need this stuff, but I have a Dell laptop that has a Intel HD Graphics (Core i5) and my computer definitely has enough space for stuff.

Please, I just want to know specifically what I need to download/buy so I can play this game! Links would be awesome. I'm sorry I'm such a noob, but I'm getting a headache trying to understand what people are talking about in other threads and stuff.

Thanks!
02-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Find
Gameoids Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Video/Graphic Card and Driver Question

Simple. Buy a graphics card!

Think of it this way: Imagine you bought a copy of Crysis. (I wouldn't recommend the game, though...) Would you think it would be possible to run it with an integrated graphics 'unit'? As you may have guessed, if wouldn't run too well, if not at all. The same/similar idea applies to Amnesia, although while it isn't nearly as demanding as Crysis, still 'requires' a basic video card at the minimum.

Remember, graphics cards are fairly cheap nowadays, so go buy one! It's a truly rewarding investment.
02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Find
ThunderDragoon Offline

Threads: 2

(02-27-2011, 07:50 PM)Gameoids Wrote: Remember, graphics cards are fairly cheap nowadays, so go buy one! It's a truly rewarding investment.

Cheap? Over $100 is not cheap! Where do you buy your graphics cards?
02-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

It's a laptop, dont think he can get a video card for it. He needs to wait till intel patches their crappy drivers.

02-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

Over $100 is quite cheap. There are much, much more expensive graphic cards. Something tells me you don't realise the costs of computer hardware.
02-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Find
Gameoids Offline

(02-28-2011, 03:22 AM)Tintin Wrote: Over $100 is quite cheap. There are much, much more expensive graphic cards. Something tells me you don't realise the costs of computer hardware.

Amen. Living in Canada, I bought all my computer parts from NCIX. Currently, I have two MSI GeForce GTX 460s, costing about $150 each (note that the price is in Canadian dollars). That's pretty good for a mid-range video card(s) that's certainly capable of running most 'modern' games fairly well. Laptop-wise, it depends heavily on the case itself, and the size of the video card.

Edit: If you could tell me the specific model of your laptop, I will be able to further help you with a possible video card purchase in the future, if you decide to.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 05:39 AM by Gameoids.)
03-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Find