Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
A "Doctor Who" mod would be perfect!
Victory63 Offline

Threads: 3
A "Doctor Who" mod would be perfect!

Playing Amnesia and looking at the gameplay, I thought that this would be perfect for a Doctor Who game ... or at least a Doctor Who mod for Amnesia. Like in the show, combining it with Amnesia's gameplay, you could encounter monsters and aliens from the series, run and hide in rooms, lock and unlock doors with the sonic screwdriver either running from enemies or getting past obstacles, pick up objects which if you see a Sontaran could hit the back of it's vent, have Cybermen chase you, keep as many lights on so Weeping Angels don't get you but also keep looking at them but not directly in the eyes, keeping as much light on so the Vashta Nerada can't kill you and etc.
I think this would be a perfect idea for a mod. If not, Frictional games should pitch to the BBC to make a Doctor Who game using Amnesia's engine. Would really scare people like the tradition the show itself has had for years, could even literally make them hide behind a couch. It would be one of the greatest games EVER!
So what are your thoughts on this idea?
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM by Victory63.)
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A "Doctor Who" mod would be perfect!

Cool, make it.
02-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I can get behind this idea.

I would love to see the Weeping Angels being put to use. Having the lights flicker on and off and the monsters changing positions rapidly during the time when we cannot see them.

That would be absolutely terrifying.

I don't know how difficult it would be to script, but if it's possible, get on it guys!

02-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

I don't know about this... in Doctor Who, there's no such thing as a really threatening enemy. I mean... there's not that many enemy types in Doctor Who:
- Slow Moving Enemy, giving time for the Doctor to have a monologue.
- Prideful Enemy, more interested in telling Doctor their plan than killing him.
- Easily Stopped Enemy, like the angels, you just have to look at them to stop them. Doctor usually monologues during this time.

The really good episodes are the ones that break away from this. I mean... yea it's great to have a nice creepy sci fi show that isn't all guns and action, but dammit sometimes I'm just screaming at the tv "Why is the bad guy just standing there listening???"
02-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Find
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1

Amnesia's atmosphere and light system would be perfect for the angels. And, I think the basis for a script for not moving in the dark is already in place. Maybe a remodelling of the grunts, with one-shot kill and faster movents could create an angel.
02-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Victory63 Offline

Threads: 3

Yes exactly. As you can see how this would work, would be awsome if someone created something.
03-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Big Doctor Who fan, so I'd love to see that idea happen.

Wow - what a mansion!
03-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Find