Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing 3rd gear in machine room.
angelsonfire Offline

Threads: 5
Missing 3rd gear in machine room.

This is going to seem weird, but I'm in the machine room, I've got the steam going, added the rods correctly, everything is great....BUT the third machine gear has disappeared. I've got two of them in place, and I've looked in the places where another gear is supposed to be over and over. I've searched everywhere. When I first took one down to the big machine, I accidentally threw it at the machine to the left of where the three gears go, and it disappeared. Yes, I'm a klutz. Is it possible that the gear showed up somewhere else then it's supposed to be? I swear I've searched every damn nook and cranny in the machine room! AAARRrrrrgh! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've looked at numerous walk-throughs and checked and double checked.
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Missing 3rd gear in machine room.

Try re loading the map and doing that part of the game again, without loosing the third gear this time perhaps Big Grin If that doesn't work someone could possibly provide a savegame to get you past that area.
03-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Find
angelsonfire Offline

(03-08-2011, 07:58 AM)Bek Wrote: Try re loading the map and doing that part of the game again, without loosing the third gear this time perhaps Big Grin If that doesn't work someone could possibly provide a savegame to get you past that area.
Hi Bek, I don't know what "loading the map" means. Maybe I missed something?
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Find
Bek Offline

If you have a save before you first go into the area, you could load that so you're going into that room for the 'first' time, so everything should be as it's meant to be.
03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Find
angelsonfire Offline

(03-08-2011, 08:53 AM)Bek Wrote: If you have a save before you first go into the area, you could load that so you're going into that room for the 'first' time, so everything should be as it's meant to be.
Oh gosh, sorry to be a dummy, but can I access all my saves? I "saved and exited" many times, is it possible to access those?
This is the first game I've played in years and years, and I'm rusty on the mechanics!
Oh gosh, I'm such a dork. I just tried the "load game" feature and found the previous saves. Thanks for leading me to this Bek.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM by angelsonfire.)
03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Find
angelsonfire Offline

Okay, something is just not right. I went to a saved game, starting in the storage room. Went through the whole routine of finding the rods, encountering the monsters, etc. Went back to the machine room, turned on the steam, put in the rods, and then went down to the gear room , put the coal in the stove, but those two gears were already in place and the third is still not to be found. HELP!!!!!
03-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Find
Bek Offline

if the two gears were already there then that save probably wasn't old enough. If you can go back before you even entered that part for the first time, so everything is as it should be.

If it's actually missing for some super strange reason I'll see if I have a savegame around that area. For memory I just got near that area actually on another playthough.
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Find