Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intel HD Graphics [Exception Access Violation, Renderer #0, other issues]
GregS728 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Intel HD Graphics [Exception Access Violation, Renderer #0, other issues]

I have been emailing a HP care representative who I gave detailed explanations of the situation that I and many others are in. This is what it comes down to here:

"Hi Greg,

Thank you for writing back to us.

I see that you have updated all the device drivers on the notebook and you are happy with the performance of your notebook. However, you would like to have the issue of playing the Amnesia game resolved at once.

Greg, I have reviewed your complete message and found that you are unable to play the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent which reports an error with the graphics adapter installed on the notebook.

For your convenience, I have researched online and found that the Amnesia game is compatible to work with only Nvidia GeForce FX and ATI Raedon 9600 graphics adapters. Also, I found that this game is not compatible to work with the graphics adapters which are integrated onto the Motherboard.

According to our database, your notebook was bundled with Intel HD Graphics Adapter which is integrated onto the Motherboard of the notebook. You can confirm the same from the specifications page of your notebook provided below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...R1002_USEN

NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating that it is invalid. If this occurs, copy the link and paste it on the address bar in your browser until the complete address is displayed in the Address box.

Though your notebook meets the other hardware requirements for playing this game, it is not possible to play the game Amnesia on your notebook as it has an incompatible graphics adapter.

At this point, I would recommend you to contact the Amnesia game support team and check for the availability of any updates in order to play this game on your Notebook PC with Intel HD Graphics Adapter.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in this regard.

If you have any queries or need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further."

The only way that you'll be able to play this game, is on a desktop with higher end hardware, using the seemingly impossible to buy ASUS XG Station with a higher end Graphics Card, or using a friend or family member's higher end computer.

I have done hours of research in a desperate attempt to find a solution but, alas, there are none.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2011, 07:36 AM by GregS728.)
03-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Intel HD Graphics [Exception Access Violation, Renderer #0, other issues]

I have Acer 5542G and can play happily. I don't have a high end desktop.

03-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Website Find
GregS728 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Intel HD Graphics [Exception Access Violation, Renderer #0, other issues]

(03-19-2011, 08:44 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I have Acer 5542G and can play happily. I don't have a high end desktop.

According to http://www.sajuonline.com/Pages/reviews/...-page1.php, you don't have an Intel HD Graphics Card, so of course it works for you.
03-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I mean, that all depends on your graphic card eventually. If you have Intel Card, then all you have to do is wait for Intel to release a new driver, because latest Intel cards are able to support higher OpenGL versions, which is required to run Amnesia.
However, Intel drivers does not do anything about OpenGL.

03-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Website Find