Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 4.08 Average
Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED)
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP)

1-st screen on top really in Penumbra style!
03-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Wanna know something bad? I've never even played Penumbra. I got into the whole series with Amnesia. I know back in the day before Amnesia came out I really dug the style of Penumbra, though. Big Grin

[Image: signature-2.png]
03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Find
Repus32 Offline

Threads: 3

Download link? Or is it not to that point yet? I'd like to help test :3
03-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

It's actually getting quite close to demo status! I've got maybe 10 minutes of gameplay at the moment. I can breeze through it doing all the puzzles in about 5 minutes, but if you don't know the solutions, I can see it easily being 10-15 minutes or so. It's mostly puzzle oriented so far, with one big scare. It'll get far more intense in the middle/end of the story, which I've finalized. I hope it's well recieved. Big Grin

03-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: Amnesia6.jpg]

Very nearly demo status.

03-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

If I can make a suggestion, don't rush the demo. Only release it when you feel it is complete in terms of presenting how you feel the game will be.

I've seen quite a few custom story demos be released just all too soon for people to get a real grasp of what the full custom story should be about.

Call it a 'make a good first impression and get on people's watch lists post haste' sort of thing, if you will! With that said, I am still definitely looking forward to when you do release it. :]

03-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Call it a 'teaser', if you will. The reason I state it is, the more work I do, the more of an idea of what I want to do with the story. I have a solid amount of puzzles so far, I'm happy with the progression of the story. I'm working on ways to make it clearer to the player what's going on in my head, and after I give the player a real taste of what's going on in the story, I'll give 'em some credits and release the demo. Then if people get back to me with positive reviews, I'll continue it. It's not just some 'escape the house' scenario.

03-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(03-23-2011, 05:04 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Call it a 'teaser', if you will. The reason I state it is, the more work I do, the more of an idea of what I want to do with the story. I have a solid amount of puzzles so far, I'm happy with the progression of the story. I'm working on ways to make it clearer to the player what's going on in my head, and after I give the player a real taste of what's going on in the story, I'll give 'em some credits and release the demo. Then if people get back to me with positive reviews, I'll continue it. It's not just some 'escape the house' scenario.

Any updates? Big Grin

03-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Looking good man Big Grin i'll can't wait for the demo Wink

God how am i going to make a original custom story if you are doing this so damn good xD
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 09:49 PM by Danny Boy.)
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

(03-23-2011, 04:58 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: If I can make a suggestion, don't rush the demo. Only release it when you feel it is complete in terms of presenting how you feel the game will be.

I've seen quite a few custom story demos be released just all too soon for people to get a real grasp of what the full custom story should be about.

Call it a 'make a good first impression and get on people's watch lists post haste' sort of thing, if you will! With that said, I am still definitely looking forward to when you do release it. :]

So very, very much this. I rushed mine. And there were numerous bugs that caused massive embarrassment to myself Tongue

The main bugs were just issues with starting locations, but still, that's the kind of thing that I should have been aware of before uploading.

03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Find