Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!
Lustikurre Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!

Good things:
* Resident evil music.

* Outdoor areas (the fact that u even have them).

* Nice scripted events.

* Pretty nice intro.

Bad things:
* The custom music wasn't placed all that well. it went quit if u moved some meters away.

* Extremely low frame rates outdoor. Also the loading was really long there.

* No invisible walls. Easy to get stuck or fall through the world.

* The ending wasn't very great (This is only my opinion, some people might like it).

* Some minor graphical bugs, like a door saying u need something to open it everytime u open it (after u have done what is required to open it)

Conclusion:
Fix all the issues stated above and this will be a nice short story, but for now all I can say is it's a crude piece of work. Could have been so much better if polished up.
05-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

What I found messed up was the moon shining on a clear night sky yet it was raining.

05-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

I'm sorry, this was horrible. Neither my friend nor I could finish it.

It's a shame because the story seems interesting and the visuals were nice. As well as the eerie feeling of being in a village full of possibly homicidal people bent on flaying me alive.

But...

Spoiler below!
After we got the crowbar in the cellar (by the way, did you really have to include those spiders from Penumbra? Make them slower or something.) and broke open the brother's room in the hotel, we were totally stumped. We could find absolutely no way to force ourselves into the town hall, like the clue instructed us to do.

Also, what was up with the lever in the fireplace? It didn't seem to do anything, and I could keep flipping it up over and over and over.

And another thing, please for the love of God if you update this, add a Lantern somewhere near the beginning (or if there is one, point it out better). It's hard enough running through a low framerate area, even moreso in complete blackness when poor Daniel is grinding is teeth and his vision is blurry...

If you update it and fix the bugs, etc., I'm all for giving this another go.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2011, 03:50 AM by RikeuAmeva.)
05-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

(05-14-2011, 03:49 AM)RikeuAmeva Wrote: I'm sorry, this was horrible. Neither my friend nor I could finish it.

It's a shame because the story seems interesting and the visuals were nice. As well as the eerie feeling of being in a village full of possibly homicidal people bent on flaying me alive.

But...

Spoiler below!
After we got the crowbar in the cellar (by the way, did you really have to include those spiders from Penumbra? Make them slower or something.) and broke open the brother's room in the hotel, we were totally stumped. We could find absolutely no way to force ourselves into the town hall, like the clue instructed us to do.

Also, what was up with the lever in the fireplace? It didn't seem to do anything, and I could keep flipping it up over and over and over.

And another thing, please for the love of God if you update this, add a Lantern somewhere near the beginning (or if there is one, point it out better). It's hard enough running through a low framerate area, even moreso in complete blackness when poor Daniel is grinding is teeth and his vision is blurry...

If you update it and fix the bugs, etc., I'm all for giving this another go.
I'm having the exact same problems in the exact same areas. So I guess I'll just /sign this post.
05-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(05-14-2011, 05:32 AM)Puriel Wrote: I'm having the exact same problems in the exact same areas. So I guess I'll just /sign this post.

Here you go:

Spoiler below!

If I remember correctly the lever in the fireplace enables you to pull off the picture from the wall. Behind it you'll find something.

The message at the town hall door tells you that you need something to open it. You'll find this when you proceed with the items from behind the picture. It is...
Spoiler below!
not a key or another crowbar. It is...
Spoiler below!
acid. This is something I didn't like. Why acid? Did it melt through the whole door? Tongue

Reading Kyle's post about the moon just made me realize that it was of course wrong to see the moon there. I suggested fog instead of rain before, also to help the framerate - maybe this could work out better?
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2011, 08:38 AM by bobbo.)
05-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Find
Garg79 Offline

i need to create the folder?
i dont got a redist folder in my amnesia folder ...
and in the custom story folder it wont work ...
what i do to make the story work?
05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

So, what about those custom entities that I couldn't get to work?

05-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Website Find
Flikkflakk Offline

(05-14-2011, 09:35 PM)Garg79 Wrote: i need to create the folder?
i dont got a redist folder in my amnesia folder ...
and in the custom story folder it wont work ...
what i do to make the story work?

I second this, as I'm having the same problem myself, and I can't seem to figure out how to apply any custom maps atm Sad
05-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

Dude played it, loved it. There was just 1 flaw. The outside area was laggy. Thats it. I played La caza and that outside area was huge. But there was no lag. But good game anyways

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

05-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Its laggy becuz of the rain. check page 11 or 12 for the fix.
05-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Website Find