Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Possible to Disable Crosshair COMPLETELY?
nukester Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Is It Possible to Disable Crosshair COMPLETELY?

Hi folks,

I'm currently in the process of playing around with this software however I've hit a little niggle and not sure if there's a way around it.

Basically I was hoping it would be possible to disable the crosshair within the game. I've so far managed to disable the cross hair for general exploring but when it comes to interacting with doors/objects, the hand icon shows up. I then managed to change this to a simple dot icon however, I was wondering if it's possible to disable this also?

I'm unfamiliar with terms of coding for the cfg files but have so far tried using "false" under FocusIconstyle with no luck. It seems there are only two parameters for this (Simple - dot) and (default - hand icon)

If there is any way of working around this with a mod or some additional lines of code or something, can someone let me know?

I would really appreciate it,

Thanks
03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Is It Possible to Disable Crosshair COMPLETELY?

Press X in game. But you want to vanish even hand, then it's more unlikely.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 07:26 PM by Tanshaydar.)
03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Website Find
nukester Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Is It Possible to Disable Crosshair COMPLETELY?

(03-22-2011, 07:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Press X in game. But you want to vanish even hand, then it's more unlikely.

Thanks Tanshaydar, yes I have managed to do this already for general exploration but the hand icon still appears when I have to interact with an object/door.

I've managed to get it simplified to a dot when I have to interact however I was wondering if this was removable as well.

Obviously if this is a hardcoded part of the engine then it's unlikely however I was hoping it was just a texture file somewhere in the game or a softcoded hud command that could either be removed or modified in colour to become transparent.
03-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Textures are in game folder, but deleting or renaming them might cause some troubles. I didn't try it. Maybe you can try to rename that folder.

03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Website Find
nukester Offline

(03-22-2011, 09:46 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Textures are in game folder, but deleting or renaming them might cause some troubles. I didn't try it. Maybe you can try to rename that folder.

Managed to sort it Smile

Found the HUD textures and tried to temp move them. Loaded the game up and hey presto!!!
03-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Find