Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters stay in one place for hours.
Dameon Grey Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Monsters stay in one place for hours.

I'm playing on a Macbook Pro 10.6.6. Snow Leopard. I'm using Steam.

Twice now, a monster has come into a room I'm hiding in, and he'll just stand there. The last time this happened, I was trapped in a corner between the wall and a big box, and I went away from my laptop for an hour and a half and he was still there growling and shining his light on this spot on the wall. Finally I tried to rush passed him but he trapped me in the corner and killed me. I couldn't sneak passed him, the path was too narrow.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that's supposed to happen.

...... I also don't want to sound like I'm complaining and hating this, 8D I'm gonna have a fan moment..... I couldn't get enough of Amnesia... so I came back for some Penumbra..... ._. ... I love you guys... AHEM, Okay I'm done....
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 02:16 AM by Dameon Grey.)
03-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Monsters stay in one place for hours.

Pretty sure this is a bug, something similar happened so someone here once. Can't remember what the solution was though...

You might have to do a bit of searching on this forum. One way to get past it would be to use a savegame just past that point.
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
Dameon Grey Offline

(03-23-2011, 10:05 AM)Bek Wrote: Pretty sure this is a bug, something similar happened so someone here once. Can't remember what the solution was though...

You might have to do a bit of searching on this forum. One way to get past it would be to use a savegame just past that point.

Okay....... well, now I did something even dumber.... maybe... I saw that there were patches available for the games.... and I installed one thinking that that would fix it.... and uh.... well, now it's not working, and in fact, it's asking me for a serial number that doesn't match the number of digits of the one that Steam gave me. The site has instructions for using the patches, but since I'm playing the game through Steam, I can't figure out how to alter it.
03-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm not sure, but to reverse that, you may need to reinstall the game. It keeps your save games in another folder so they should be safe through the process. I suggest that if it's really that hard to get past the infected after he stops and waits for you, you lower the difficulty so you can run past it more quickly. At least, until you find some definitive fix.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Website Find
Dameon Grey Offline

Okay, that should work. I have to admit, I don't know how to uninstall through steam on a mac. Sad I'm embarrassed... and..... your..... your picture thing doing the dansen move... OMG... I'm stealing that. O_O

[Edit] Oh, but don't worry about that. I think I should be looking in the Steam forums for that, I hope. I won't bother the Frictional Games forum.... unless I can't find an answer elsewhere. XD
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2011, 01:21 AM by Dameon Grey.)
03-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Right click on the game in steam, Delete Local Content.
03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Find