Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Death V.1.2
zatrix Offline

Threads: 9
The Death V.1.2

No Picture's included in this thread, im sorry.

its been some weeks ago since ive post'ed something but here we go!

The Death v1.2

This is Still only a EARLY alpha map so please chill on me if you find bugs or something.. Smile

i know there is "Alot" of bugs but they will be fixed by the time Smile

DL LINK : http://www.speedyshare.com/files/2756969..._v.1.2.rar

Please give some feedback on it Smile

-zatrix

ps. its my first map ever done Smile

The Death (WIP)
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: The Death V.1.2

I don't mean to be mean, but there is practically nothing positive that i can say about this. I could literally list over 100 things that are 'wrong'.

To name but a few:

- Learn to use welders
- Keep the scale ratio of objects equal
- Don't use identical floor patterns as ceilings
- Use at least SOME ambient lighting
- Don't place in-game notes apologising for bugs, maybe fix them first?
- Stick to some sort of theme. You just looked like you went through every object in the level editor and tried to slap it on your map
- Fix the monster in the corridoor, i saw no monster, i stayed where i was and was under no threat.
- No music?
- No lantern? If no lantern, then at least put some ambient lights
- Poor level design, you clearly copy and pasted much of it towards the end
- The excessive capital letters completely ruin the mood, it doesnt feel like a story, it feels like some random test
- I dont want to have to list more! Tongue

Besides all that, it was quite interesting to play though...but I would recommend you take the skills that you have developed in making this map and start with something fresh Smile

03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

'zatrix'

ok man, nice and scary, but i have first bug:

when i enter this door
[Image: xx3z.th.jpg]

game crashes do desktop
[Image: bugggm.th.png]

please correct map.

and too many dark places, where"s lantern? Big Grin
03-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Find
zatrix Offline

(03-23-2011, 10:04 PM)Nye Wrote: I don't mean to be mean, but there is practically nothing positive that i can say about this. I could literally list over 100 things that are 'wrong'.

To name but a few:

- Learn to use welders
- Stick to some sort of theme. You just looked like you went through every object in the level editor and tried to slap it on your map
- Fix the monster in the corridoor, i saw no monster, i stayed where i was and was under no threat.
- No music?
- The excessive capital letters completely ruin the mood, it doesnt feel like a story, it feels like some random test
- I dont want to have to list more!

Besides all that, it was quite interesting to play though...but I would recommend you take the skills that you have developed in making this map and start with something fresh

Ye sorry for that door to next level bug
and thanks for the huge feedback even tho its hard to get something like that in a feedback when its your first map Smile but thanks Nye.

and it will be fixed Death knight, or maybe not, but be ill start something new up Smile

anyway, the lantern does not exist in my map,
the reason for that is because people a getting much more scared when event's happen in the darkness,
and yes i know i have to but some more light up, but i do not have that much skills in HPL 2 yet, this map have taken me about 4 weeks or more to make..

and about the story, it should say " DEMO STORYLINE " by that i mean... the story will be changed when ive got things right, Smile

Level design , i know it aint the best, but ive made all my friends who have tryed it ofc, proud and even myself proud of it,
i know amnesia have "standards"

Sounds and music - well, ive tryed it ones with the music and hell, it went wrong the sounds got mixed into eachother and fucked up the map, so thats why there aint any sounds in the map so far hehe,

Scriping - well, let me tell, this is my first time i do just a little scripting, im trying to learn it, but yea well, its hard,

But Thanks for your reply guys!

-zatrix

The Death (WIP)
03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Find
Friznutz Offline

Threads: 2

The real scary part was the door because I was fucked up with looping sounds. Just remove the sounds for it and redo it. My map is the one under your. I am quality but in small numbers. You are obviously Not quality but I a bigger mass. We would work well together!

Overall. Long and not appeasing but scary. It really needs a lamp. Script the lamp to make it sell bright.

And your comments have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It makes you look like a 6 year old with grammatical errors. Sorry to say.
03-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Find
zatrix Offline

(03-25-2011, 06:01 AM)Friznutz Wrote: The real scary part was the door because I was fucked up with looping sounds. Just remove the sounds for it and redo it. My map is the one under your. I am quality but in small numbers. You are obviously Not quality but I a bigger mass. We would work well together!

Overall. Long and not appeasing but scary. It really needs a lamp. Script the lamp to make it sell bright.

And your comments have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It makes you look like a 6 year old with grammatical errors. Sorry to say.

" And your comments have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It makes you look like a 6 year old with grammatical errors. Sorry to say. "

haha Smile ye i kind a knew that would come...
what ever even tho my English aint the best ill shut up and go for one other map xD
im not givin up i want a map where people get scared and stuff..

-zatrix

:p

The Death (WIP)
03-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(03-25-2011, 06:01 AM)Friznutz Wrote: And your comments have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It makes you look like a 6 year old with grammatical errors. Sorry to say.

hehe MANNNNN!

Not every person here mother tongue English

remember that, here are people from other countries of the world Big Grin

sorry my bad english Tongue
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM by Dark Knight.)
03-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
zatrix Offline

(03-25-2011, 04:54 PM)Dark Knight Wrote:
(03-25-2011, 06:01 AM)Friznutz Wrote: And your comments have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It makes you look like a 6 year old with grammatical errors. Sorry to say.

hehe MANNNNN!

Not every person here mother tongue English

remember that, here are people from other countries of the world Big Grin

sorry my bad english Tongue

^^ hehe Thats true mate Smile

The Death (WIP)
03-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

(03-23-2011, 10:04 PM)Nye Wrote: I don't mean to be mean, but there is practically nothing positive that i can say about this. I could literally list over 100 things that are 'wrong'.

To name but a few:

- Learn to use welders
- No music?
- I dont want to have to list more! Tongue

Besides all that, it was quite interesting to play though...but I would recommend you take the skills that you have developed in making this map and start with something fresh Smile

I agree with this post - you shouldn't release anything for download until it's far past an "EARLY alpha" stage. Do you see game developers releasing alphas to the public to play? *hint hint* Don't even release a beta version, wait until it's demo worthy! Sleepy Otherwise it just makes people not want to play your maps when they encounter so many bugs and level design issues - just a word of advice.

(03-24-2011, 09:26 AM)zatrix Wrote: and thanks for the huge feedback even tho its hard to get something like that in a feedback when its your first map

That's because you released it in "EARLY alpha" stage, of course you're going to get critical feedback.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2011, 02:01 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
03-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Find