Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
CustomStoryFan98 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

(10-28-2011, 01:48 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(10-28-2011, 07:55 AM)CustomStoryFan98 Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 05:17 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 01:57 PM)CustomStoryFan98 Wrote:
(08-15-2011, 01:44 AM)Anxt Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately if you leave the area after he smashes the door, it will for whatever reason spawn again and be locked. So, if you don't mind replaying it, then that will solve the issue. Or, just load a save before you went into the Archives and it will work again.

If you don't want to do either of those, I can give you a line of code that will fix it. Just let me know.
I NEED THE CODE NAO! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
In the OnEnter function (should be at the bottom of the code file) paste the following line:

SetEntityActive("GruntDoor", false);

That should fix it. You will just have to leave the Archives and re-enter.
It comes up an error, here are some screen caps
http://imageshack.us/f/12/amensia.png/

Did I do it right?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/amensia2.png/

I really like the story overall the creepyness and good gameplay of the maps, which obviously means I want to play the whole trilogy of ur Abduction series.
Easy fix. You just put the code in the wrong spot. It needs to be within the {} of OnEnter, just like PlayMusic is. Just put it directly underneath PlayMusic and it should work.
I need some more help. I did that but I still get that mutha****ing error whenever I enter the Archives. Could u post an image on how you did it? Like an image of how it should look like

here is what mine looks like after I did what u told me
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/...itrit.png/
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

http://i.imgur.com/M2rKy.png

I apologize, I wasn't clear on where to put the line of code. Make it look exactly like mine. I highlighted the part you need.

10-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Find
CustomStoryFan98 Offline

(10-29-2011, 06:43 PM)Anxt Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/M2rKy.png

I apologize, I wasn't clear on where to put the line of code. Make it look exactly like mine. I highlighted the part you need.
I-i-it WORKED! YEEEEEAAAHHH! I am so psyced to continue ur chapters! You are awesome! Thanks for helping me!
10-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Find
CustomStoryFan98 Offline

Hey, I just completed this, it was amazing. I really want to consider this canon along with Through The Portal. But what left me wondering was at the end.

Spoiler below!
I understood what Daniel meant at the end talking about the shadow and stuff. And when I got to the bed to go to sleep, that crashing noise appeared again. Then it went to the credits. Is this a cliffhanger or something? Could u explain what happened?

Thanks for this great adventure
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

(11-10-2011, 09:01 PM)CustomStoryFan98 Wrote: Hey, I just completed this, it was amazing. I really want to consider this canon along with Through The Portal. But what left me wondering was at the end.

Spoiler below!
I understood what Daniel meant at the end talking about the shadow and stuff. And when I got to the bed to go to sleep, that crashing noise appeared again. Then it went to the credits. Is this a cliffhanger or something? Could u explain what happened?

Thanks for this great adventure
I am very glad you enjoyed it!

Spoiler below!
The crash at the end is just me getting one last laugh in, there really wasn't any other purpose. I just thought it would be a cool way to end it Tongue So, there really isn't any significance to it, just my way of ending things in a more interesting fashoin.

11-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I'm loving this Custom Story, got some great jumpy moments (like the part when the room goes all red and everything starts flying around). Very long though Tongue. My friend is playing through it currently on our channel if you wana check it out \/

Think A Little, Change A Lot
11-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

(11-24-2011, 05:11 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I'm loving this Custom Story, got some great jumpy moments (like the part when the room goes all red and everything starts flying around). Very long though Tongue. My friend is playing through it currently on our channel if you wana check it out \/
I'm glad you are enjoying it! I'll be sure to watch it when I get time. I'm surprised as to how many people are playing through it on Youtube. Gives me warm fuzzies Tongue

11-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Find
I ZapZap I Offline

Threads: 2

Easily one of the best Custom Stories I have played. I didn't even feel like I was playing a Custom Story, but rather a side-story to the main game. Stellar work. In my opinion it was the perfect length, long enough to build up a story and a feeling for the CS. The scares were nerve-racking, the environment was great and the challenges had just the right amount of difficulty. There was tonnes of diversity, aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OALdel8y0

I've done a playthrough and I'd like to post it here. If anybody is interested, don't hesitate to continue watching the series! Liking and Subscribing would also help us out, but that's besides the point.

As I said before, brilliant work. I'm looking forward to playing other installments that you've designed, and possibly uploading them aswell.

8.5/10
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2011, 08:08 PM by I ZapZap I.)
12-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

(12-03-2011, 08:08 PM)I ZapZap I Wrote: Easily one of the best Custom Stories I have played. I didn't even feel like I was playing a Custom Story, but rather a side-story to the main game. Stellar work. In my opinion it was the perfect length, long enough to build up a story and a feeling for the CS. The scares were nerve-racking, the environment was great and the challenges had just the right amount of difficulty. There was tonnes of diversity, aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OALdel8y0

I've done a playthrough and I'd like to post it here. If anybody is interested, don't hesitate to continue watching the series! Liking and Subscribing would also help us out, but that's besides the point.

As I said before, brilliant work. I'm looking forward to playing other installments that you've designed, and possibly uploading them aswell.

8.5/10
Very glad you enjoyed it! I am currently in the process of making another CS, the link to which is in my signature, but it still has a vast amount of work left, so it definitely won't be out before the new year. I will be sure to watch your playthrough once I get the time, I always enjoy watching people play my CS so I can get direct feedback.

12-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Find
Noxina Offline

Great mod so far but atm I'm stuck in the room after the numbered boxes -puzzle. I watched playthrough videos where they go upstairs and pick up a wooden lever or something and place it next to the door downstairs. The problem is I don't have the lever in the bookcase upstairs neither a place next to the door where to put the lever. I'm guessing you have changed it or is it a bug??
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 08:03 PM by Noxina.)
12-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Find