Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
Abduction Chapter 1

Hello everyone, I am very pleased to finally have something worth uploading here. I began working on this project at the start of February, and have spent many hours building, scripting, and learning about the editors and the scripting functions.

Abduction is my first attempt at a Custom Story, and I decided I wanted more from the original story. In Abduction, you once again take on the role of Daniel, one year after his ordeal at Brennenburg. A loud crash wakes him in the middle of a rainy night, and he must investigate the cause.

I sincerely hope I do not offend anyone with making my own adaptation to the story from TDD. Especially the members of Frictional. I simply had a strong desire to see more of Daniel and the characters from the original game.

That said, here are a few screenshots from the story:

http://i.imgur.com/HafGU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T4wlH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OQkRY.jpg

And the download link (post-fix):

Update 3/29/11: Fixed the lack of silent grunt entity in the download folder. Hopefully now he should appear in the Archives as he is supposed to. Just in case, please copy the "silent_grunt.ent" file from the "Custom Entities" folder into the entities folder for the main game. Place it in "Enemy/servant_grunt/". My apologies for the inconvenience.

[IMPORTANT: Chapter 1 is now part of chapter 2. Please download from the link provided in the thread for chapter 2.]

If there are any problems with downloading, please let me know. I doubt I will know how to fix it, but I can try Tongue

Also, I do not know if the location matters, but there are a few custom SNTs and one custom entity (just a silent grunt). If the location matters, please place them in their respective folders for the best effect from the game.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the first installment of Abduction. Any and all feedback is welcome Smile

Note: This is much more than a demo. It will likely take over an hour to complete. I have set the Autosave function to some of the maps just in case, but if you feel you do not want to complete it in one sitting, simply save and exit, and pick up where you left off Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM by Anxt.)
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

your map is very huge, good job!

just try it..
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Looks nice, I'll try it out

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
03-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Not too bad so far! Though I am definitely having some technical difficulties.

So far I've
Spoiler below!
gotten two of the orb pieces, one from the starting area and another from the cellar, but once I try to go into the West Wing the game crashes. Every other door is either locked or stuck, so I am essentially stuck in the main chamber unless I want to go back into the cellar or the starting area.

Also, I have yet to find a lantern even though I've quite a few bits of oil. Did I by chance miss it somewhere or do I get it later on?

Keep up the good work!

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2011, 06:37 PM by Cryaotic.)
03-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
thomsone Offline

Threads: 0

(03-24-2011, 05:59 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: ...

Same problem
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

guys, do you have game patched to v1.0.1.?

no problems with west wing
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(03-24-2011, 08:20 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: guys, do you have game patched to v1.0.1.?

no problems with west wing

My game is patched to v1.0.1.

Not sure what exactly the problem could be, I've never had this issue with any other custom story unless it was simply an accident made by the creator.

03-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

I looked at everything, and I honestly do not see why the game would crash. I ran the game the full way through before uploading, and every map worked fine. I opened up the map editor, and the door is correctly linked to the map, and unless there is somehow a syntax error, I don't know what the problem might be. What is the error?

Edit: Yes, you missed the lantern. If I knew how to make a spoiler alert, I would tell you where it is, but I don't because I am a fool Tongue
Oh no....please, please tell me that players weren't starting in the archives...that is NOT where the game was meant to begin...

I am going to check the file I uploaded, and I REALLY hope I didn't screw that up.

Edit:

%^*^$&%@#(%&#$~!!!!!

I am so, so sorry. I was testing out that map, and didn't realize I had left the starting map in the wrong spot. Half of the game is now off limits because of that. I will re-upload, and I hope you will all forgive me for making such an idiotic mistake.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2011, 11:43 PM by Anxt.)
03-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(03-24-2011, 11:17 PM)Anxt Wrote: I looked at everything, and I honestly do not see why the game would crash. I ran the game the full way through before uploading, and every map worked fine. I opened up the map editor, and the door is correctly linked to the map, and unless there is somehow a syntax error, I don't know what the problem might be. What is the error?

Edit: Yes, you missed the lantern. If I knew how to make a spoiler alert, I would tell you where it is, but I don't because I am a fool Tongue
Oh no....please, please tell me that players weren't starting in the archives...that is NOT where the game was meant to begin...

I am going to check the file I uploaded, and I REALLY hope I didn't screw that up.

Edit:

%^*^$&%@#(%&#$~!!!!!

I am so, so sorry. I was testing out that map, and didn't realize I had left the starting map in the wrong spot. Half of the game is now off limits because of that. I will re-upload, and I hope you will all forgive me for making such an idiotic mistake.

Good sir, mistakes happen. It's alright. Just make sure to do a little test play of anything you want to put out in the public to prevent further embarassment. :]

I don't know if it matters anymore, but here is the error I was getting: [Image: 34gn0iq.png[]

Looks like a new recording session is in order once you get that fixed! :]

03-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Consider me a complete fool. Sigh. Ok, looks like I'm uploading it a third time. I know what the problem is, and the new file should be available in a few moments.

Also, I tested everything so many times, and I was tired of doing so, but I had my sister test out the archives before I uploaded it, and I forgot that I went in and changed the map.

The west wing error should be fixed in this next update. I will edit it into the main post and this post when ready.

Fixed Version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ado1iyahorixj0i

Again, I apologize greatly for the inconvenience.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2011, 12:52 AM by Anxt.)
03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Find