Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed Demo, ran once, has not run since
atmasoul16 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Installed Demo, ran once, has not run since

Hello,

I just recently installed the Amnesia Demo on my Linux box running Ubuntu 10.04.

I was successfully able to run the install and to get the game running the first time. I adjusted the sound setting, entered the game, exited since not sound was being produced, and every execution time since then, the game will not start.

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall several times and nothing has produced any viable results. A couple of things I would like to note:

1. I have been installing the game to my /home/<username>/games/amnesia/AmnesiaDemo/
2. I have attempted installing both as root and as myself, but this has not seemed to change any results.
3. I did a look in some of my directories for the .log file, but have not been able to find it. What location is it stored in (since I figure it may point me in a better direction)?

I am fairly new to running Linux, so I am definitely liable to make mistakes.

Anything you can think of to help me out would be great. If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks!
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Installed Demo, ran once, has not run since

there is a .frictionalgames folder in your home folder (. means it is hidden, you can turn on show hidden files in one of the menus in the file browser) I suggest you delete the whole folder and then try to run the game again, this will revert the settings to default.
03-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Website Find
atmasoul16 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Installed Demo, ran once, has not run since

(03-26-2011, 10:02 PM)jens Wrote: there is a .frictionalgames folder in your home folder (. means it is hidden, you can turn on show hidden files in one of the menus in the file browser) I suggest you delete the whole folder and then try to run the game again, this will revert the settings to default.

That worked! Thanks!

Can't wait to play it now Big Grin
03-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Find