Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radeon or NVIDIA?
ThunderDragoon Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Radeon or NVIDIA?

I'm getting a new desktop computer and I was wondering which graphics card is better. I'm tired of not being able to play Amnesia because of the damn Intel card. I want to make sure I get a card that works with this game. It's so picky (the game), so I thought I'd ask the experts which card is better and absolutely WILL work with this game. I don't want to get a big gaming PC because I prefer to play games on consoles. But there are some games that are only available on PC that I want to play. Any help is appreciated.
03-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Radeon or NVIDIA?

Either is fine, from what I've heard. My desktop computer has an ATI Radeon HD 5770, which plays Amnesia great (50-60fps all the time) on high settings.

I don't have any experience with NVIDIA, so I can't comment on them. Many others who have NVIDIA cards say that they work well for them, though.
03-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Find
ThunderDragoon Offline

Threads: 2

(03-26-2011, 11:38 PM)TFEF Wrote: Either is fine, from what I've heard. My desktop computer has an ATI Radeon HD 5770, which plays Amnesia great (50-60fps all the time) on high settings.

I don't have any experience with NVIDIA, so I can't comment on them. Many others who have NVIDIA cards say that they work well for them, though.

Cool. Thank you. Smile
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Best Hardware: ATI
Best Driver: nVidia

So, having a hardware that is wonderful but not being able to use it is something, and having a hardware that decent but forcing it to its limits is another thing. Decide yourself.

03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Protip: Ignore brands, focus on price/performance ratio.

Read many many many reviews of many cards and then make an informed decision.
03-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Find