Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

any other major metal fans on this forum?
gothick666 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: any other major metal fans on this forum?

i enjoy stuff you've probably never heard of, as well as the polar opposite spectrum of music to metal, i enjoy:
BEHEMOTH!!!!, FEINDFLUG!!, the amenta, psyclon nine, dawn of ashes, scar symmetry, strapping young lad, xerath, devil driver, dimmu borgir, slayer, cradle of filth, soulfly, korn, among MANY MANY more
04-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Find
Matthias Steel Offline

Threads: 9

(04-04-2011, 03:03 AM)gothick666 Wrote: i enjoy stuff you've probably never heard of, as well as the polar opposite spectrum of music to metal, i enjoy:
BEHEMOTH!!!!, FEINDFLUG!!, the amenta, psyclon nine, dawn of ashes, scar symmetry, strapping young lad, xerath, devil driver, dimmu borgir, slayer, cradle of filth, soulfly, korn, among MANY MANY more

well i think i'm more into traditional rock and metal i'm a catchy riff and lyrics kinda guy. i tend to stray away from music that sound like its made on a computer or bands that use fake dark imagery. most bands nowadays just turn me off big time because of there obvious fakeness. like the band you listed Dimmu Borgir they just make me laugh. its not really music i can enjoy listening to. theres allot of bands i'm glad i've never heard of before. nothing i'm missing out on.

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 04:39 AM by Matthias Steel.)
04-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(04-04-2011, 04:36 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 03:03 AM)gothick666 Wrote: i enjoy stuff you've probably never heard of, as well as the polar opposite spectrum of music to metal, i enjoy:

well i think i'm more into traditional rock and metal i'm a catchy riff and lyrics kinda guy. i tend to stray away from music that sound like its made on a computer or bands that use fake dark imagery. most bands nowadays just turn me off big time because of there obvious fakeness. like the band you listed Dimmu Borgir they just make me laugh. its not really music i can enjoy listening to. theres allot of bands i'm glad i've never heard of before. nothing i'm missing out on.

Basically black metal. I don't think you're actually suppose to listen to it, you're just suppose to dress like the band members.

This guy was pretty cool though http://www.forkparty.com/wp-content/uplo...mayhem.jpg

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 01:32 AM by Shev.)
04-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Find
Matthias Steel Offline

(04-05-2011, 01:30 AM)Shev Wrote:

Basically black metal. I don't think you're actually suppose to listen to it, you're just suppose to dress like the band members.

This guy was pretty cool though http://www.forkparty.com/wp-content/uplo...mayhem.jpg

traditional black metal like Bulldozer, Venom, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Trench hell,...etc is awesome. the face paint and gigantic spike wristbands is the crappy stuff, if you wanna listen to a band that you can't understand the vocals at least listen to a talented band that doesn't use cheap gimmicks and plays the same 2 chords and repetitive drum beats. a good example of a talented black metal band that you might like is this band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJHDn6VNiY

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
04-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(04-05-2011, 04:36 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote:

traditional black metal like Bulldozer, Venom, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Trench hell,...etc is awesome. the face paint and gigantic spike wristbands is the crappy stuff, if you wanna listen to a band that you can't understand the vocals at least listen to a talented band that doesn't use cheap gimmicks and plays the same 2 chords and repetitive drum beats. a good example of a talented black metal band that you might like is this band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJHDn6VNiY

Yeah the crap from norway never really got my interest, although I have to admit the intro to freezing moon was pretty good. And the only reason I said dead was cool is because he was crazy and shit, but music wise I never really got into mayhem.

Yeah, I know a few venom songs beacuse my old band mate use to send me them. I liked this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQYGt3fc1c

ANd that songs pretty bad ass.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

If you interested in bands with harsh vocals + technical instruments, Lethargy is where it's at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVwwpBbY2c

Matthias, I entirely respect your opinion, but I don't like writing off an entire vocal style.
Except for the nu-metalcore crap, they practice 'safe screaming'... bah.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Matthias Steel Offline

(04-05-2011, 08:33 PM)Droopy Wrote: If you interested in bands with harsh vocals + technical instruments, Lethargy is where it's at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVwwpBbY2c

Matthias, I entirely respect your opinion, but I don't like writing off an entire vocal style.
Except for the nu-metalcore crap, they practice 'safe screaming'... bah.

i don't hate harsh vocals if the music is talented and not just repetitive garbage. fucking awesome bands like Impetigo, Morbid Saint, Cancer, Autopsy, Morta Skuld, Ghoul, Obituary, Necrophagia, Demolition Hammer..etc i just hate untalented bands that get famous for sounding exactly like the other band. but bands that do screams and grunts is just annoying BS. so yeah i do write off grunts and prepubescent screams but i don't write off harsh vocals as long as the band has true talent and not just computer generated sounding riffs and drum beats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSR-ccK6VHI

04-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Find
gothick666 Offline

Threads: 0

lol, LITERALLY not one of the bands i mentioned are black metal(i dont personally find Black Metal listenable, aside from early Emperor), the closest would be Behemoth, and they DESTROY almost EVERY other band ive ever heard. technically and musically. and as for Dimmu Burger, they are fucking awesome lol, and what do you mean by "obvious fakeness"... can you see through they're armour and into theyre minds? or read they're Aura's and tell that they're full of shit?(and before you say it, yes i know that quite a few bands do use costumes or whatever as a gimmik, others interestingly use it so they dont look like a clone of every other motherfucking band in t shirts), i couldnt give less of a fuck about how bands dress, if thats how 'deep' you go when looking at bands then your a mighty shallow doon if i say so myself (no offense meant) catchy riffs are fkn easy to come by, infact most if not all mainstream or catchy music sticks to the exact same formula across all its genres and all its artists. (i DETEST the mainstream)
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 09:57 AM by gothick666.)
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Find
Matthias Steel Offline

(04-06-2011, 09:48 AM)gothick666 Wrote:

lol, LITERALLY not one of the bands i mentioned are black metal(i dont personally find Black Metal listenable, aside from early Emperor), the closest would be Behemoth, and they DESTROY almost EVERY other band ive ever heard. technically and musically. and as for Dimmu Burger, they are fucking awesome lol, and what do you mean by "obvious fakeness"... can you see through they're armour and into theyre minds? or read they're Aura's and tell that they're full of shit?(and before you say it, yes i know that quite a few bands do use costumes or whatever as a gimmik, others interestingly use it so they dont look like a clone of every other motherfucking band in t shirts), i couldnt give less of a fuck about how bands dress, if thats how 'deep' you go when looking at bands then your a mighty shallow doon if i say so myself (no offense meant) catchy riffs are fkn easy to come by, infact most if not all mainstream or catchy music sticks to the exact same formula across all its genres and all its artists. (i DETEST the mainstream)

i could care less how a band dresses, i usually never see band members when i listen to music. from what i've heard of Behemoth which isn't much take that in mind is that they sound like every other technical black metal band that i've heard. just type in technical black metal and you'll see what i mean. its not really talented music. as for Dimmu Borgir, come on man having mock crucifixions and "singing" about how god sucks you gotta admit thats getting a bit stale. a band that is truly satanic and are satanists is Deicide. Dimmu borgir are just milkin gimmicks for everything there worth. Dimmu Borgir even copy the only real Viking metal band Bathory. and as for catchy riffs in metal, very few modern metal bands even play catchy riffs anymore most modern metal bands nowadays sound simillar to Behemoth, music that sounds like its made on a computer. thats why i prefer older metal thats talented. i detest mainstream music too, especially mainstream untalented metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXLNyNAY3Z4

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM by Matthias Steel.)
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

This is best music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsf8ptyvho

You have to tune up the volume!
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 07:18 PM by Googolplex.)
04-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Find