Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muting a monster- WARNING, SCRIPTING NOOB
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Muting a monster- WARNING, SCRIPTING NOOB

Okay, I have several questions.

I have a hallucination monster (the kind that disappears when you get close enough) that I want to mute so the player won't expect it when he opens the door. Is there a way that I can mute him? Also, where would I put this script? in the hps file? is that where all scripts relating to the map go?

Also, how exactly can I find out what actions are available to me via scripting and how to write them? Is there some kind of universal glossary of commands to find these things in?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
04-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Muting a monster- WARNING, SCRIPTING NOOB

To mute the monster, I don't think there is a way.

For that glossary:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Look around, there should be some tutorials for scripting as well.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 12:28 AM by Russ Money.)
04-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

You can mute him by changing some variables using the model editor. I'm not sure about the high pitched sound when he's chasing you, but you can take out all his music. You could also deactivate his triggers, and make it so it reactivates when you look at him.
Actually yeah, you can take out all his sounds it looks like, even his activation and idle sounds.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 12:55 AM by MrBigzy.)
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Find
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27

(04-06-2011, 12:54 AM)MrBigzy Wrote: You can mute him by changing some variables using the model editor. I'm not sure about the high pitched sound when he's chasing you, but you can take out all his music. You could also deactivate his triggers, and make it so it reactivates when you look at him.
Actually yeah, you can take out all his sounds it looks like, even his activation and idle sounds.

But that sounds like it would apply that to every monster of that kind that I would spawn, or am I wrong? Are you saying instead that I take that particular monster into the modeler?

I just got this program yesterday, what exactly should I do?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
04-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

You'd have to rename him as a separate entity, yea. Look in the wiki, there's a tutorial on the model editor.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM by MrBigzy.)
04-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Find