Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Help!
Josh707 Offline

Threads: 5
Question  Custom Story Help!

Hey everyone Smile I've been editing a map for a few days now and at the start my character is supposed to wake up in bed. For a while I had him use the SetPlayerCrouching(true) function and the screen fades in from white to the flashback of Daniel talking with that guy about his nightmares. But people don't normally wake up sitting upright... so how do I change the camera position? I tried MovePlayerHeadPos but I don't think i'm doing it right... I have it set so when "Player" collides with a certain script area and I have no idea what to set for the axes if I don't want it to move left and right( I tried "", and "0". Both gave me errors) Every way I've tried to set it I get FATAL ERROR. Could someone explain how to use this function properly? I've never learned any programming languages and I just started on this one like 4 days ago.

tl;dr: How do I properly set the camera height to lower than the default? Preferably toggle-able (with "Player" colliding with an area).

EDIT: I am trying to set up timers. I made a timer go off and you look at the object I specified, but the next timer in the list to stop looking at it wont go off. If anybody is willing to help just ask me to put up the section of the timers I have and I will. Thanks in advance!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 03:45 AM by Josh707.)
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Custom Story Help!

The axis for what function? And yeah, MovePlayerHeadPos moves the camera, y axis is height by default.
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
Josh707 Offline

(04-07-2011, 10:19 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: The axis for what function? And yeah, MovePlayerHeadPos moves the camera, y axis is height by default.

I meant the axis to move up and down, which is Y. I decided to scrap that idea for now until I learn more about writing scripts... anyways, sorry if you don't want to answer this question but I'm trying to make a timer to make my character look at a piano when the timer ends, and he does, but how can I set a timer to make him stop looking? nothing works >_< refer to the main post for more detail
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 03:45 AM by Josh707.)
04-08-2011, 03:41 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

Put up the section. Tongue
04-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Find
Josh707 Offline

Sorry, I had some computer problems and I got everything working. Thanks anyways though Tongue
04-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Find