Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What playstyle do you prefer? (See below for descriptions)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Free-roam! I love to wander and explore the map.
100.00%
8 100.00%
Linear. If I want to roam, I'll get lost in a parking lot.
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your guys' opinions! Poll!
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Need your guys' opinions! Poll!

EDIT: To clarify, I mean free-roam or linear in terms of the entire mod, not just a single zone map.

Hey guys, please take a second to vote on this poll! Need an idea of what kind of playstyle we, the Amnesia: TDD playerbase prefers: A linear questline or a free-roam.

Linear questline means there will be a lot of direction in the mod -- many points of no-return, and areas you will seldom return to. There is only one way to go: forward.

A free-roam environment will mean a much less directed style of play. You won't know where exactly where to go, adding to the mystery and difficulty.

Vote ! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 02:28 AM by palistov.)
04-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Need your guys' opinions! Poll!

My personal opinion is that there needs to be a happy medium between the two to make a game as good as it can be. I don't like wandering aimlessly for hours in an open field, but nor do I like walking down a hallway with one room, then that one leads to another room, etc.

There should be options as to where to go next, but the majority of the choices should have something useful. Some areas can be pointless, save for maybe a tinderbox or oil, but I think I would get frustrated if I had absolutely no clue where I was going or what I was trying to accomplish.

04-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Need your guys' opinions! Poll!

Of course the game will have direction, not just something like "here's a giant room with 6 corridors and 20 other rooms, and a dungeon. Go"

But yes I see what you mean. I've been trying to find a healthy balance, because the one thing I didn't like about Amnesia's main story is that you would go to this beautifully put-together zone map, and once you left, you more often than not didn't get to return.

Thanks for the votes guys!

04-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Find