Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Solved] Strange graphical glitch with post process and other issues
Seboss38 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [Solved] Strange graphical glitch with post process and other issues

Hello,
I'm experiencing 3 problems with the game:

1. I get a strange graphical issue with some combination of post effects. It looks like Gamma is way too high or something. This occurs when Bloom and/or Motion Blur is on:
Without post effects.
With post process effects

2. Initial loading time is ludicrously long (a full minute or so). Could that be a side effect of the copy protection scheme?

3. Controls 'stick' sometimes for a few seconds: controls freeze or the character keep on going in the last direction pressed even though the key is not pressed anymore.

I run the game on a Athlon64 3800+ with 2GB or RAM and Radeon X850XT 256MB with Catalyst 7.3 (latest). I use Windows XP Pro.

Do you have an idea of what might be going on?
Thanks in advance.
03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange graphical glitch with post process and other issues

I think turning of A.I optimisation and make sure image quality is set to high/highest in ATI catalyst center will solve your post effect problem

loading time could be that your hard drive needs to be defragmented

not sure why, could be that there is a software conflict of some sort or a process running in the background. could be audio hardware, try running in software mode.
03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Website Find
Seboss38 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange graphical glitch with post process and other issues

Well, turning off Catalyst AI solved the graphical glitch AND the loading time issue. I have no idea how AI optimisation could be related to loading time in any way.
Anyway, everything is in order now, thanks.
My problem now is that performance is not so good with all the fancy graphical features on, so I might not use them eventually Big Grin Big Grin

Time to get a new generation GPU I guess.

Thanks again.
03-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Find