Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

About the Shadow (spoilers)
Neotyguy40 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: About the Shadow (spoilers)

(04-14-2011, 05:27 PM)Brandth Wrote: Actually what stopped the shadow from Alexander and Daniel is the fact that it will withdraw from the castle every time Daniel killed someone. Alexander gathered torture victims for Daniel and lied about them being criminals so that Daniel could kill them and the Shadow would go away for a while. Alexander says this during the game.

I don't think he was necessarily 'lying' about them being criminals. I remember that the arsonist admitted to burning someone, and I believe some notes were from a sheriff of some sort about them?

I know the little girl and her mother were innocent though...
04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Find
Sessika Offline

Threads: 0

I never thought the arsonist actually set anyone on fire. I remember a flashback, I think it was in the prison, where he was wailing about it being ridiculous for someone to go back into a burning building. It seemed to me that he only set a house or such alight and someone who ran back in to save something/someone then perished. So though he may have ultimately caused the death, it seems Alexander would certainly be lying about just how involved the man was; changing his crime from arson/property damage to "he set a man on fire". There's still a crime but the severity is completely different.
Or at least that's how I interpreted it at the time. It has been a while.
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

(04-14-2011, 05:27 PM)Brandth Wrote: Actually what stopped the shadow from Alexander and Daniel is the fact that it will withdraw from the castle every time Daniel killed someone. Alexander gathered torture victims for Daniel and lied about them being criminals so that Daniel could kill them and the Shadow would go away for a while. Alexander says this during the game.

I'm pretty sure that was just a bluff to get Daniel used to murder so that he'd be able to help gather vitae for Alexander.
04-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

It's really amazing how many people take every line Alexander says at face value...let's not forget how manipulative he was. Tongue
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote:Finally, what makes the Shadow stop for doors anyways? Does it not know how to work a doorknob? We could just put it in a maze and be done with it.

Because it's a game and they made it do it that way, in my opinion, that's all there is to it, and there shouldn't be anything read more into it
04-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Website Find