Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billboard trouble and pointlight problems!
Mapsnacker Offline

Threads: 6
Billboard trouble and pointlight problems!

Hey guys, just begining to get into mapping/scripting and had a few questions.

I've tried to follow the wikis on how to use the tools but lighting my map with the provided information is a little confusing.

PROBLEM #1-
Point lights seem to look unnatural when I try to combine them with candels for a more NATURAL effect. I don't know wether I'm placing them wrong or what but it does not look anything like the pictures in the wiki.

PROBLEM #2-
Billboard lightrays used for windows look like little slips of paper. I looked at the wiki pictures to use as a refernce but I didn't get very far. Is there a specific formation your supposed to use?

EXTRA PROBLEM-
The box light color provided in the wiki tutorial is a little to bright/greenish for my tastes. Does anybody know the exact color Frictional Games used for Amnesia?

I'm sure these have been adressed before so feel free to call me a jerk/noobelcakes XD
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011, 08:50 PM by Mapsnacker.)
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Billboard trouble and pointlight problems!

You can always open the official maps and check it out.

04-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Website Find
Mapsnacker Offline

Threads: 6

(04-10-2011, 09:01 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You can always open the official maps and check it out.

I checked em' out. I can't seem to find the Box Light on the first map. =p Other than that it really helped XD The main problem was the color I had the billboards and point lights set at.

Is there a way to make it so the point light doesnt appear until a candle/X number of candles are lit?
04-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
Dalroc Offline

Threads: 2

(04-11-2011, 02:47 AM)Mapsnacker Wrote: Is there a way to make it so the point light doesnt appear until a candle/X number of candles are lit?
Are you sure you have read the wiki?..
Set the point light to 0, 0, 0, 0 and then connect it to a lamp entity.
04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Find