Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing sound volumes
Melamoto Offline

Threads: 2
Changing sound volumes

Quick and simple question, how can you change the volume of a sound being played from file? If this can't be done, what alternatives are there to create loud or quiet sounds at an event?
04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Changing sound volumes

In snt files there is sound volume value. In functions, there is sound volume value.

04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Website Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

(04-13-2011, 11:55 AM)Melamoto Wrote: Quick and simple question, how can you change the volume of a sound being played from file? If this can't be done, what alternatives are there to create loud or quiet sounds at an event?

I haven't put this to the test. But could you place the sound entity into the map but have it as inactive. When the event is triggered, set the entity to be active at the same time?

You can change the volume and the distance at which you hear the sounds. This would also give you more control over where the sound is coming from.
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
Melamoto Offline

Threads: 2

(04-13-2011, 12:22 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: In snt files there is sound volume value. In functions, there is sound volume value.
How do you access the control for these volumes? Sorry if it's a silly question, but I haven't seen any commands or controls for volume. I've tried the "FadeGlobalSoundVolume" command, but that didn't seem to have any effect on anything, unless I've been using it wrong.

(04-13-2011, 12:26 PM)Kraggdog Wrote: I haven't put this to the test. But could you place the sound entity into the map but have it as inactive. When the event is triggered, set the entity to be active at the same time?

You can change the volume and the distance at which you hear the sounds. This would also give you more control over where the sound is coming from.

I tried doing this, but for some reason the sound plays even though the sound itself is set to inactive in the level editor.
04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Open snt files with a text editor, preferably notepad++,
<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
        <Sound File="radio" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="0.8" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="8" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.8" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

See Volume="0.8" there?

04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Website Find