Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Conversion Issue
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
Full Conversion Issue

I'm toying around with making my custom story into a full conversion, add a custom menu map and pre-loader. I copied main_init file and renamed it to "lacaza_main_init.cfg" Which is inside the config sub-folder. I created a La Caza.bat leading to "Amnesia.exe config/lacaza_main_init.cfg" I goto launch it, it works. Though it's Amnesia that plays when I start a new game.

So, I changed this on my lacaza_main_init.cfg:
<StartMap
    File = "intro.map"
    Folder = "maps/lacaza/"
    Pos = "intro"
/>

Run the La Caza.bat and it loads my map when I start a new game, though none of the notes have the information for the .lang file. So I tried to emulate the main lang, and ptest for that matter. I made a sub-folder in config so it's like this: config\lang_lc and place my extra_english.lang inside, renaming it english.lang. Went back to the main_init.cfg and changed it to read this:
<Directories  
    MainSaveFolder = "Main"

BaseLanguageFolder = "config/"        
    GameLanguageFolder = "config/lang_lc/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

I didn't change the DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang" and DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang". But now when I run my La Caza.bat, I get this error:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:004A6C98

I can change it back to "config/lang_main/" and run the bare map. Is it possible that I'm missing something inside my .lang file?

04-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Full Conversion Issue

Attach the hpl.log file.

You might also want to take a look at the Justine files (especially main_init.lang) to see you have gotten everything correctly.

Also make sure that the lang file is not empty and complies to the standard (if you created it with the tools, it should be).
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM by Thomas.)
04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Full Conversion Issue

(04-14-2011, 08:23 AM)Thomas Wrote: Attach the hpl.log file.

You might also want to take a look at the Justine files (especially main_init.lang) to see you have gotten everything correctly.

Also make sure that the lang file is not empty and complies to the standard (if you created it with the tools, it should be).

hpl.log
Quote:ERROR: Unable to open config file 'config/lacaza_main_init.cfg '! Invalid filepointer returned!

Seems the issue is definitely coming from my english.lang. I found an extra </CATEGORY> that was causing the error. Removed that, everything seems to be in order now. Thanks for your time though, Thomas!

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM by Russ Money.)
04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Find