Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
The Scarecrow - Early demo release!
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
The Scarecrow - Early demo release!

DEMO UPDATE
Demo will be released on Monday, April 24th. The Scarecrow will have a noticeable free-roam feel to it. You will not be directed where to go; you will have the ability to go anywhere previously accessible at your leisure. This adds a degree of difficulty though. Forward may not always be the best option!

This demo is quite "barebones", specifically focusing on presentation of the atmosphere. I'm still working on my scripting knowledge, and the puzzles are kind of....lame.

As per usual, I openly welcome your thoughts and comments.

Hey guys, just starting a thread in here to post all my updates and info and such, as the mod progresses. As of today, April 14, I plan on releasing a 4-5 map demo within about 2 weeks. It won't be glitchy and lame. Smile I spend as much time testing it and searching for bugs as I do creating it.

Until that release happens, I will post screenies of the zones. I don't want to release any gameplay footage though, because that would ruin it for you when you're playing it Smile

In this post: Screenshots of the Backhall, which has been reworked from the original oversized steaming pile of crap it used to be. Still have some downsizing to do in the loft (room above), but I'm satisfied with the actual hall's length.

One of the thing's I'm most proud of is the viewpoint from the windows. In-game it looks amazing, but I need to tweak the particles and find myself a good sky texture. Will get around to that someday. Because the sky has nothing to do with the gameplay it will be put on the backburner hehe.

If you're interested in seeing the in-game viewpoint, check out my Backhall feature thread in this same forum. It's back there somewhere. It's an older version of the zone though, but the changes are minimal, mostly moving billboards and deleting unseen/unused props.

Added:

In-game screenies of the backhall.
Added:

In-game screenies of the Zoology quarter. Maybe going to upload a short video of me walking around in it. No events though Smile
Added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w78JQJHouI

in-game Zoology Quarter walkthrough. Turn up the volume Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   backhall_scrn1.jpg (Size: 152.37 KB / Downloads: 184)
.jpg   zoology ingame (1).jpg (Size: 70.48 KB / Downloads: 146)
.jpg   zoology ingame (2).jpg (Size: 88.58 KB / Downloads: 141)

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2011, 06:51 PM by palistov.)
04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The Scarecrow

I love it, but its way too dark. You have to put some torches that you can light up. Other than that... I can only see pro's
04-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Website Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

Try increasing the gamma before taking a screenshot, and see if that helps any. Taking screens in amnesia has a bizzare tendency to come out darker than usual. Probably because the game is evil and/or posessed, or something.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 12:27 PM by DominusVita.)
04-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Sure I'll try and make some brighter ones. I might even put in long range point lights with very low light values so nightvision still turns on. And yeah I really need to add torches to many of the zones. It's on my to-do list haha

04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Diving headfirst into Blender! Edited the bed_nice.ent from Amnesia's game files...I'm getting tired of their beds, so I am making my own!

Custom texture on the way too! <3 GIMP

UPDATE: Made the sheets look gray, decaying, and dusty. Removed random black dots on the posts. Looks good for a first model! Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   bed_nice_simple.jpg (Size: 146.65 KB / Downloads: 145)
.jpg   bed_nice_simple_finished.jpg (Size: 144.32 KB / Downloads: 147)

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 09:53 PM by palistov.)
04-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

New model! Seethrough mansionbase window. Took me a while to get it right. Maybe I'll upload it for you guys to use Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   seethrough_window.jpg (Size: 153.23 KB / Downloads: 129)

04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Find
Josh707 Offline

Threads: 5

this looks awesome! do you think you could upload the model of the bed? Big Grin I have no idea how to edit models with blender or anything and it would be greatly appreciated
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

It'll be in the download file for the demo. Release coming within a week Smile

04-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak