Quote:I've got the best tip you can ever get.
Here it comes: Don't call yourself a newbie that wouldn't exactly stimulate u for going on with this Wink
what? That made no sense, and that's not helpful to the author of this thread at all
I'll give you some advice, hope I don't sound patronizing or condescending
1. It's perfectly normal to play cautiously, in many ways that's the smarter way to play, if not always the more fun way to play(it depends on whether you like panic attacks from running into a monster)
2. Play with audio, it is the only way to go
3. DON'T LOOK AT THE MONSTER, if you've run headlong into one of these horrors, and it hasn't seen you yet(if it has you'll be past worrying about looking at it), or you've hid from it, then it's important that you keep your gaze locked anywhere else but at the monster, staring or keeping an eye on it's motions can cause it to notice you and find you.
4. If you get the feeling that you're in a monster infested area, trust that feeling
5. If you encounter a monster, PAUSE, then proceed to think about what you are going to do, that way you don't blindly run in a panic and possibly get yourself into more trouble then you were in before(Example, I heard a monster, it had spawned behind me, I freaked and ran down several corridors, trying to shake the monster, then I ran head long into another one...I died) Also use the pause to determine WHERE you heard the monster, this can be vital
6. Close, the fucking door, behind you EXCEPT when you know a monster is nearby and it will hear(or see) the door being closed, this is a VERY bad idea in that case.
7. If you are trapped in a room DON'T GIVE UP HOPE, the monsters, while fearsome and horrifying are not particularly bright, so long as you aren't in plain view, they may merely look into the room after breaking the door down, then leave provided you are under cover and hidden from obvious sight, however if it is well lit or no cover(or both) you may just be plain hosed, but even then, grab something, anything and THROW IT at the monster, it will cause the monster(I'm not sure if the object has to be large or heavy) to flinch back, which may buy you the precious seconds to escape, this will cause heavy drain to sanity so this option is not advised.
8. Conserve your oil carefully(duh), if you don't NEED to use a tinderbox or your lantern to see something, maintain sanity DON'T