Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You add custom sounds into Amnesia?
Fictionult Offline

Threads: 6
Can You add custom sounds into Amnesia?

I am working on a story and I already got a friend who read a script I wrote. Only problem is I am having trouble putting it into HPL editor. Please someone help!! Heart
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Can You add custom sounds into Amnesia?

Convert it to .ogg format and put it in the sounds folder. It should work.

04-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

Make sure the sound is in .ogg format, and you should probably put in a subfolder of your custom story folder named 'sounds'.

EDIT: Damn! Ninja'd again!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM by TFEF.)
04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
Fictionult Offline

(04-15-2011, 08:56 PM)TFEF Wrote: Make sure the sound is in .ogg format, and you should probably put in a subfolder of your custom story folder named 'sounds'.

EDIT: Damn! Ninja'd again!

It doesn't have to be in snt format? cause thats what the sounds it makes me select in the HPL editor.
04-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

An .snt file is just a file that gives info about the sound. For example:

<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
          <Sound File="player_bodyfall1" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall2" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall3" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall4" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall5" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

I think there's a specific script function that lets you play a sound without a .snt file, but I can't think of it right now. You do need a .snt file for your sound otherwise.
04-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Find
Fictionult Offline

(04-15-2011, 09:03 PM)TFEF Wrote: An .snt file is just a file that gives info about the sound. For example:

<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
          <Sound File="player_bodyfall1" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall2" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall3" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall4" />
        <Sound File="player_bodyfall5" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

I think there's a specific script function that lets you play a sound without a .snt file, but I can't think of it right now. You do need a .snt file for your sound otherwise.

Okay so I converted the WAV into ogg. I made a "sounds" folder in my custom story folder and put the ogg in there. I open the HPL editor. nothing ._.! What do I do man?
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

PlayGuiSound is just playing the ogg sound if I remember correctly.

Fict, you have to create a .snt file for your sounds. It's basically a script file that gives the properties for the sounds; you can open them with notepad. So you have to make a new text file, put in all the info, and save as .snt, similar to .hps for regular script. The Level Editor will only insert .snt files for sounds into the level.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM by MrBigzy.)
04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Find
Fictionult Offline

Shocked  RE: Can You add custom sounds into Amnesia?

(04-15-2011, 10:55 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: PlayGuiSound is just playing the ogg sound if I remember correctly.

Fict, you have to create a .snt file for your sounds. It's basically a script file that gives the properties for the sounds; you can open them with notepad. So you have to make a new text file, put in all the info, and save as .snt, similar to .hps for regular script. The Level Editor will only insert .snt files for sounds into the level.

May I have the stuff I'm suppose to put in the notepad? Huh
04-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

Look at other .snt files. Or use the one TFEF put as a template. And then put in whatever options you want for it.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 12:42 AM by MrBigzy.)
04-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Find
Fictionult Offline

(04-15-2011, 10:55 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: PlayGuiSound is just playing the ogg sound if I remember correctly.

Okay here is what I did.
I opened a random snt file in notepad copied the information in that and pasted it in my new text file except replaced the text in quotes with the file name I was trying to use.

Here is what it said when I tried selecting the SNT. in HPL.

[Image: messagewd.png]
04-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Find