Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to prevent nausa / motion sickness
GlitchBoy2 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Tongue  How to prevent nausa / motion sickness

Hi all,

I reeeeally want to play this game, but unfortunately within minutes I am motion sick. This is all to common for me with FPS and the like. It sucks, but usually when I turn off head bobbing I am perfectly alright.

I have tried to do this by tweaking the game.cfg. I've had some success, but I can't seem to turn off the "breathing" effect (I don't know what it's actually called, but it's the slight camera movement you notice even when you're just standing still).

I appreciate any help you can give me.

The tweaks I've done so far are:

CrouchBobMax = "0.00 0.00"
WalkBobMax = "0.00 0.00"
RunBobMax = "0.00 0.00"

CrouchMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
CrouchMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"

WalkMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
WalkMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"

RunMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
RunMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"
04-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How to prevent nausa / motion sickness

I realize im terrible advice, but I think it has something to do with 'insanity effects' and isnt neccessarily related to player movement but I think it's a separate mechanic. Try finding something in the script/code related to insanity efffects..... hopefully someone with better technical knowledge can improve my advice >_<
04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Find
GlitchBoy2 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How to prevent nausa / motion sickness

That was my thought too. I did mess around with some variables under the "Player_Sanity" section but none I changed seem to make a difference. It could just be I didn't change the right one though, or changed it to the wrong value...
04-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Find