Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I hate to ask this but...
Goldennova Offline

Threads: 3
I hate to ask this but...

Is there any way to mod out the monster on the dungeon level in the Justine DLC.

It's not that the DLC is too hard, but I've had to restart it 7 times only to be foiled because I cant seem to turn the wheels in the dungeon fast enough. This has been an issue for me since the game came out, and is even under the troubleshooting section on this forum, except the fix listed there (enable smooth mouse) does not work for me.

I would love to see what comes next, but it is impossible for me to beat that section of the DLC with the mouse issue I have.

-Thanks to anyone who can help
04-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4
RE: I hate to ask this but...

"I would love to see what comes next, but it is impossible for me to beat that section of the DLC with the mouse issue I have."

At the very least as a last resort, you could always watch the full playthrough off of here from Cryaotic/ChaoticMonki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5T8BHS9Kg

Otherwise I'm not sure if it could be modded out.

There's also toby's new justine walkthrough, which is good if you're looking for a laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBRXMzVm1E&feature=
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM by DominusVita.)
04-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Threads: 1

Ahhh a Tobuscus mate! *Fist bump* I missed the old Amnesia playthrough he did I was so happy when he decided to do the Justine DLC. I really don't think he's gonna make it all the way through hehe

04-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

You can take the .map files, open them up in the editor and remove the monsters that way.
You will probably need to mess with the scripting as well though.
Plus it will spoil the game for you.

But it IS possible.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Start Amnesia, when at the menu screen, go to your Amnesia directory, entities, ptest, and rename enemy_suitor to something like enemy_suitorx.

Protip: you don't get the potato for completing the story this way, at least I didn't

04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

(04-17-2011, 10:15 PM)Droopy Wrote: You can take the .map files, open them up in the editor and remove the monsters that way.
You will probably need to mess with the scripting as well though.
Plus it will spoil the game for you.

But it IS possible.

Uh... no you can't... have you tried opening the maps yourself? They're different from the others.
04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Maps and scripts are all compiled, you cannot edit them.

04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

(04-17-2011, 09:38 PM)p0rtalthinker Wrote: Ahhh a Tobuscus mate! *Fist bump* I missed the old Amnesia playthrough he did I was so happy when he decided to do the Justine DLC. I really don't think he's gonna make it all the way through hehe

Tobuscus is one of the biggest repulsive tits on the internet.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Aye but you can't deny he's funny

04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

It was a little frustrating to me to see that someone SPEEDRUNNING that sequence was only barely able to make it through. I kinda thought puzzles generally gave you some time to understand what's happening and think. Often what Valve does, is if there's going to be combat, running, or anything fast-paced, they take it in two steps. First, you walk through the area once to find some switch or something, letting you get the lay of the land. Then, the switch makes you go someplace else and triggers combat. From there, you have a better idea of where to go and what to do.
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Find