Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: La Caza Full Release

(04-18-2011, 09:46 AM)skypeskype Wrote: Hmmm. It asks for a serial number ? :/

I'm pretty sure the steam version of Amnesia didn't come with a Serial number, but the direct to download did. Have you tried placing your key in?

04-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(04-18-2011, 09:51 AM)Russ Money Wrote:

I'm pretty sure the steam version of Amnesia didn't come with a Serial number, but the direct to download did. Have you tried placing your key in?
Got it. ^^Now I can play this awsome story Big Grin.
04-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

(04-18-2011, 09:56 AM)skypeskype Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 09:51 AM)Russ Money Wrote:

Got it. ^^Now I can play this awsome story Big Grin.

Glad it worked, no worries, no key loggers or anything like that. Plus, what would I do with Amnesia keys? Enjoy!
(04-18-2011, 09:48 AM)Puriel Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 09:46 AM)Russ Money Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 09:45 AM)Puriel Wrote: I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to install this... I didn't see a "root" folder of any kind so i just dragged and dropped the folder contents into the "For Steam Users, by default:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\" folder but than it replaced a bunch of folders, and then the .exe didn't work, since I'm on a Mac.

I am currently reinstalling Amnesia as we speak because like a noob i didn't make a back up folder before doing this. Does this not work on macs? that would be really disappointing since i had such fun with the demo.

Oh man, I'm really not too sure if it doesn't work. Did Justine work just fine for you?
Yeah, but steam installed all that for me
Edit: the big thing i think i'll have a problem with is even running the game; the read me says to start it up from a .exe but thats not a mac file, can I maybe "open with" some thing else? I can't really play around with it for now (39%)

Not sure if this will work for mac, but it was a work around for me but I'm on a PC

When you create an alias on a mac, are you able to modify the "target" file for it?

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 10:09 AM by Russ Money.)
04-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:Not sure if this will work for mac, but it was a work around for me but I'm on a PC

When you create an alias on a mac, are you able to modify the "target" file for it?

I Think so, I create an alias, than under "get info" I click select new original. Then I can designate it to open something else.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 10:18 AM by Puriel.)
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

(04-18-2011, 10:16 AM)Puriel Wrote:
Quote:Not sure if this will work for mac, but it was a work around for me but I'm on a PC

I Think so, I create an alias, than under "get info" I click select new original. Then I can designate it to open something else.

Here's an easier idea since you have steam.

Right-click on Amnesia: The Dark Descent in Steam, goto Properties

Click Set-Launch Options...

Inside the box, put this, without quote, "config/lacaza_main_init.cfg"

Run Amnesia and tell me if it works. Either way, you'll need "config/lacaza_main_init.cfg" AFTER the shortcut's target file.

edit: Also, La Caza doesn't replace any files. It will add files into the correct directories, instructions to remove those files should be in the ReadMe, no need to reinstall.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM by Russ Money.)
04-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

(04-18-2011, 10:20 AM)Russ Money Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 10:16 AM)Puriel Wrote:

Here's an easier idea since you have steam.

Right-click on Amnesia: The Dark Descent in Steam, goto Properties

Click Set-Launch Options...

Inside the box, put this, without quote, "config/lacaza_main_init.cfg"

Run Amnesia and tell me if it works. Either way, you'll need "config/lacaza_main_init.cfg" AFTER the shortcut's target file.

OKAY it finally works, here's what i did,

First I individually extracted each la caza folder (e.g. La Caza FC.rar-sound-La Caza -> Amnesia sound folder) into their respective amnesia folders. This way I didn't have to replace anything. Than I dropped the .exe file into the "amnesia the dark decent" folder, and than followed the instructions on the last reply of yours. It works so far so I'll start playing and let you know how it goes.
04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

I thought the extractor would normally place the folders into the correct directories.

Also, you won't need to La Caza.exe with the work around, the .exe is simply launching Amnesia under a new .cfg file.

Glad it's working for you!

04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

(04-18-2011, 10:35 AM)Russ Money Wrote: I thought the extractor would normally place the folders into the correct directories.

Also, you won't need to La Caza.exe with the work around, the .exe is simply launching Amnesia under a new .cfg file.

Glad it's working for you!

Whelp, just beat it. That was thee best CC Story on these forums ever.
Spoiler below!
The part with all the suits of armor, I was having flashbacks to Condemned and those freaking mannequins. That S#@$ freaked me out.

Also, perfect job with those "reality" shifts. Having me in one room than BAM, I'm in the same room but theres another corridor. You pulled off perfectly how to draw my attention to certain areas to change things where I just turned away from.
Over all a great game that rivals the original A:TDD in quality IMO. Three thumbs up, 2 diamonds, and 15 internets for you Big Grin
04-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Thanks for the compliment! Please make sure you make a comment and rate it on ModDB for me, would appreciate it!

04-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Do i need patch 1.0.1 to play La Caza?
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 12:19 PM by Fomzo.)
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Find