Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on weapons for humorous mod
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1
Thoughts on weapons for humorous mod

I saw there was a much earlier thread on the topic of including weapons in the mod, and it understandably ended on a note of disagreement; I think we all agree Amnesia was not meant to be played with weapons, and the complete defenselessness of the main character is the game's primary appeal as a horror game.

I'm not looking to "redesign" the game for weapons to fit, or to actually make it combat-based. What I'm thinking of is essentially just a fun mod people play for 5 minutes until they get bored. Or, it could be how the people too scared to play just go through the game on "easy mode", willingly ignoring a lot of the game's appeal (like playing through a point and click adventure game with a walkthrough for the batshit insane puzzles) just so they can see through to the ending.

Mainly, I'm thinking of how the mod would look on YouTube: A standard video of a guy walking around exploring, a Grunt growls at him, he freaks out and pulls out an enormous machine gun or rocket launcher, and holds the trigger, blasting the Grunt to the back of the room in ragdoll form. You have to admit, it would be a pretty funny defiance of expectations.

This entirely depends on whether the game has ragdoll physics. I can't recall with perfect precision. If someone were to go with the rocket launcher idea, you could instead choose to just erase the grunt and leave his severed feet standing there.
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Thoughts on weapons for humorous mod

Yea, it is ragdoll physics. But I don't think you could go that far unless you had direct access to the engine. :V
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Josh707 Offline

Threads: 5

I agree with Bigzy... I don't know if there's a ragdoll model of the grunt other then the severed body parts so that might not work D:

Try my custom story demo here!
Updated 23/04/11
04-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

No, the ragdoll would be easy, just convert the grunt to an object. The weapons are a different story.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 12:41 AM by MrBigzy.)
04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

make it so when a rock hits the monster it despawn and createEntity of the severed grunt legs at his posistion. put the rock at the start of each map. It will be REALLY fun.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 12:48 AM by Rownbear.)
04-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Find