Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me get some balls!
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Help me get some balls!

wallhug the entire area AND BE CAREFULL WHEN GOING UP/DOWN stairs.
04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Website Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

As I watched other people's gameplays of Amnesia on Youtube( I did this for relaxing after completing each levels), I observed thet when they started to freak out they just sang to themselves. Maybe you should try itBig Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 02:59 PM by Fomzo.)
04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-19-2011, 04:20 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: The Prison level scares the SHIT out of me, does anyone have any suggestions about how to...be less freaked out by it?

Check my signature, bugs&tricks gallery videos. You will see that monster aren't that scary, actually!
(start from p2)

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Quote:People cope with fear in different ways, it doesn't make them cowardly.

No it doesn't, that's true...Smile
(04-21-2011, 09:12 PM)Kein Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 04:20 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: The Prison level scares the SHIT out of me, does anyone have any suggestions about how to...be less freaked out by it?

Check my signature, bugs&tricks gallery videos. You will see that monster aren't that scary, actually!
(start from p2)

!!!WARNING!!!

DON'T WATCH HIS VIDEOS BEFORE FINISHING THE GAME!!! IT WILL TERMINATE THE GAME'S ATMOSHPERE AND YOU WON'T BE SCARED ANYMORE!!!

!!!WARNING!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM by Fomzo.)
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

Best tips I can give, and pretty much appliable over the entire game:

1. Always make sure you have one or more hiding places, closets, piled objects, dark corners, et cetera.

2. Actually try to leave your lantern off when you explore a new area or are expecting monsters in general, they'll see you less quickly.

3. Wall-hug like there is no tomorrow.

Spoiler below!
4. Nearly all monster go away after a while, so just hide and wait. Only the Brute may patrol, in that case make sure you can always get far away from him without being spotted, he is darn hard to outrun.

Hope that helps.
04-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Well I just had to restart Amnesia anyways, since I just patched it...but nonetheless I didn't need help with playing the game, I'm actually quite smart when it comes to stealth based games

I disagree with Urrah though...I'm a complete coward
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2011, 01:45 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Website Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Threads: 1

Ahaha, I guess you could always play with the lights on, or with friends.
Maybe, play the game in the daytime.
It takes away from the "horror" feeling though...
04-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(04-22-2011, 03:51 AM)DemonGhoul Wrote: Ahaha, I guess you could always play with the lights on, or with friends.
Maybe, play the game in the daytime.
It takes away from the "horror" feeling though...

No, do not play at daytime, it sucks out the atmosphere...
04-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Find
ferryadams11 Offline

Threads: 1

Here is a list for getting balls in this game:

1. Are you getting chased by a monster? => Don't look behind, you will get even more scared, it takes time to turn around again and u will be needed to do it all over.

2. Are you freaking out cause of the scary sounds? => Listen to some nice, peacefull music.

3. Are you screaming like a girl? (I found out that it makes the most people in panic if doing that)
=> Take a girlfriend and only play when she is with you, I'll promise you that you will be more in panic cause of the screaming of your girlfriend what will causes that u won't look that much at the scary game and you must be a man or else your girlfriend break up with you cause you scared from a game.

4. If you are that scared that you don't want to play the game anymore? => Try to tell it to your friends and you will be feeling rediculus and go back to playing the game again and when you came that far that u will need this hint, read the next hint and I must say u are a wussy if u do come to this one.

5. Try to make fun of the game while playing like that u see the monster and make commentary like: "Ieeuuwww!! Look!! He is naked, that son of a childraper!". <-- this one helped me a lot!Tongue

Well, I suppose that was it for now, I'll check u guys later and keep strong and don't be a total wuss.

Regards,
Ferry Adams
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Find
Dragslo Offline

Threads: 0

Or another thing for laptop users.... summer's here, take the laptop outside and game in the sun!
haven't done that so far, but I know someone who actually did to be able to stay sane! Wink

If someone annoys you, you either know nothing about them or everything
04-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Website Find