Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: What's the purpose of the lattern in Justine?

what really? I didn't know that. Oh, I'm an idiot - I should have known that!

But I don't understand:

Spoiler below!
Why would Justine do these to herself and how did all these start? Did she drink an amnesia potion too?
05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(05-18-2011, 12:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: what really? I didn't know that. Oh, I'm an idiot - I should have known that!

But I don't understand:

Spoiler below!
Why would Justine do these to herself and how did all these start? Did she drink an amnesia potion too?

After reading every single note, every loading screen text; listening every single gramophone record and finally reading everything written on the walls, it really makes a huge sense.

Though:
Spoiler below!
It's still not for sure that Justine we play is simply her or a reincarnation of her.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

yes I agree with that. I listened again all the audio files of justine dlc and it does make sense. In 2 of them she almost clearly tells you...

Spoiler below!
...that you are herself. Maybe she realized the things she has done, drank an amnesia potion and then made herself to pass all these things and remember so that at the end she can finlly move on(the white place at her house at the ending)
05-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

In any case, it was an incredible experience from Frictional guys Smile As expected Tongue

05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

yes, very nice story!
05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

Yeah, I wasn't sure at the beginning, because I only heard those sounds of a girl when you jump... so I thought that the main character should be Justine herself... After a few audio recordings and notes, I was almost 100% certain...

This might be so called "residual haunting", when the spirit is just repeating or reliving a certain part of their live over and over forever until they are clear to pass somewhere or something like that...

05-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-18-2011, 01:32 PM)Exostalker Wrote: Yeah, I wasn't sure at the beginning, because I only heard those sounds of a girl when you jump... so I thought that the main character should be Justine herself... After a few audio recordings and notes, I was almost 100% certain...

This might be so called "residual haunting", when the spirit is just repeating or reliving a certain part of their live over and over forever until they are clear to pass somewhere or something like that...

yes, until they are ready to move on. This kind of reminds me the series Lost.
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Find
lizardcat Offline

Threads: 0
Crashed to desktop when I first died in Justine.

Hi! Long-time lurker here. Posted this because I think 1.2 has a bug or something.

It was in
Spoiler below!
the water part. I found the lever to open the metal door. When I had opened it, Mr. Keys (that's what I named the...creature) came out of the locked door on the left side of the area.
I ran of course, but when he got me and I died, the game crashed to desktop.

Is that supposed to happen?

--
Oh yeah, I'm not yet done playing. I decided not to continue for a bit after the crash.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM by lizardcat.)
05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

RE: Crashed to desktop when I first died in Justine.

(05-18-2011, 02:51 PM)lizardcat Wrote: Is that supposed to happen?

Bear in mind - Death is final, nothing will be saved.

When you die, it's the end. You'll have to start over. Yes, that is supposed to happen.
Good luck Smile

05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Website Find
lizardcat Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Crashed to desktop when I first died in Justine.

Alrighty, then! Thought there was something wrong there.

Bear in mind - Death is final, nothing will be saved.
Is...this supposed to come out when I die? Because I didn't see it. Though I like this quote. Big Grin
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Find