Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nothing to see here. [Project Stopped]
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Heart  Nothing to see here. [Project Stopped]

Just a quick edit. After a pretty stupid crash on my pc, the Map has been lost witch i was working on. I got pissed :)

Anyway, I'm working on a new story: Dreams Inside.
This one will surely NOT get corrupted or anything like that. I will make a backup every now and then.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM by laser50.)
04-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Find
Tiero Offline

Threads: 13
RE: West River Motel [WIP]

I hope it will be similar to the movie 1408!

[Image: 111.jpg]
04-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Website Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Awsome. A more mystery-solving theme would be cool than just plain scares.
04-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Website Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Sounds cool! Can't wait to play the full version Big Grin

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

(04-24-2011, 03:34 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: Sounds cool! Can't wait to play the full version Big Grin

Thanks, That gave me some Motivation Big Grin

I just gotta get some questions answered and then i will continue.
I am planning to have the Motel finished this night, And i will get the bugs out, fix the problems and Add some more Detail Smile
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

DEMO IS NOW AVALIBLE, ENJOY!
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

I hope to find my cletching on to the mouse playing this custom story and hoping to find out what happens next. sounds really interesting. Gunna play tomorow. To dark in my house. lol Smile

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

04-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Find
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1

Played through what you had available:

Spoiler below!

Pretty good atmosphere. You got a few good jumps out of me. The (apparition of the) monster spawning after turning the crank was a nice touch. I was expecting a door to open or something, not a monster. Clever!

Looking forward to more. For now:

The note in the second floor office room. "Their" in "Their closing us down!" should be "They're". Also the wording in the note seems a little odd, unless this is intended to be how the writer of the note actually wrote the note. Then that's fine.

In the last room on the right on the second floor, where you use the crowbar to get in, I failed to properly descend on the ladder after right clicking it and instead fell all the way down and was injured. Also, when you climb up the ladder, you can see through to the whole level design (ie: It's not properly enclosed/walled in). Climbing up worked fine, climbing down resulted in painful falls... twice.

Lastly, I was able to hide in the wardrobe before Scruffy (the Grunt) got to me, and instead of pacing or disappearing, he just stood squarely between the two doors with his back to me. I eventually realized that he was an apparition (I threw the broom at him and it went through him) and then made him disappear... but perhaps you may want some kind of backup plan to make sure he disappears? Your call.

As mentioned, i'm looking forward to more!
04-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

[Image: notez.th.jpg]

Big GrinBig Grin ugly note
04-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Find
laser50 Offline

"Sorry but you will have to suicide and wait 16 years to play the full version!" Not sure if i actually wrote that, but i was planning on doing it ;D

Anyway, @ SykeGU:
I will fix the Note Immediatly, i think i'm going to re-write it and take it to a bit of a nicer thing.

The Ladder.. Hmm... THat was a known problem. There was a hatch before but i removed it since it was bugging everything. I will take out the ladder and see if i can put anything else there.

And i know about the little place where it's not walled. I am working on that. It was midnight, I forgot to do it.

And i tought i fixed the grunt. But i guess not. I will make a new system for him so he will actually despawn.
04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Find