Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom stories Windows help
Jacobh27 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Custom stories Windows help

Hey everyone just signed up here because of the issue i'm having with getting the custom stories to run in Amnesia. I've Google'd the situation and it has led me here several times with no solution. I've purchased the game from steam. I've extracted the files for the Custom Story i want to play to the redist folder and I've made sure that there are no other folders that lead to the .cfg file in the custom story's main folder.

I have tried many different solutions and none have solved this issue yet.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jake
04-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Custom stories Windows help

Try putting it in your Custom Stories folder. It should look something like this, if you're doing it right:

[Image: customstory.png]

And then something like this if you open up the folder of that particular Custom Story:

[Image: resolutions.png]
04-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Find
Jacobh27 Offline

Still No Luck. I have the stories saved in the custom_stories folder which is located in the redist folder. I downloaded the game from steam. I have not completed the story mode. I have 2 custom stories in the custom_stories folder. I also had to recently change the program to open the .cfg file from Microsoft Office Word 2007 to notepad based on what i saw from your screenshots. Would you recommend re-downloading the stories in hope that the files that have not changed from the MOW2007 to notepad will if i re-download? I also had some weird files in the main folder (the one that contains the redist, viewer, and editor folders) some of them were Map Editor, Level Editor, HplLangTool, particle editor, and model editor. If these are crucial to the running of custom stories were do they belong? I moved them to the editor folder for now.
Thanks,
Jake
04-25-2011, 05:05 AM
Find
Jacobh27 Offline

bump (sry was just to get this back on the first page so someone can see it.)
04-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Find