Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graphics Card!!!
pootakka Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Exclamation  Graphics Card!!!

Ok so I just got Amnesia... I install it and everything is going fine, but then I try starting it up and I get this: FATAL ERROR: Failed to start Renderer#0 or something like that. So, I went to canirunit or whatever and got these results... I just wanna know why it says I passed and that I can run it, yet nothing happens when I try to play it?!?!?! AngryAngryAngry

Attached Files
.jpg   Amnesia.jpg (Size: 135.44 KB / Downloads: 104)
04-24-2011, 03:36 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Graphics Card!!!

Canyourunit is a terrible place in general to see if your specs are good enough to play certain games. I'm pretty sure their specs for Amnesia are incorrect, as well.

Also, according to the screenshot you have an integrated Intel card. Integrated Intel cards don't tend to work with Amnesia.

You could try turning off Windows Aero and turning down the settings of the game.
04-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Find
pootakka Offline

Threads: 3

(04-24-2011, 03:53 AM)TFEF Wrote: Canyourunit is a terrible place in general to see if your specs are good enough to play certain games. I'm pretty sure their specs for Amnesia are incorrect, as well.

Also, according to the screenshot you have an integrated Intel card. Integrated Intel cards don't tend to work with Amnesia.

You could try turning off Windows Aero and turning down the settings of the game.
And Windows Aero is? Sorry, I'm not great with computers... Sad
04-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

For the love of God, there's a FREE demo that is available. Why didn't you try it? Also canyourunit is total shit, never trust it.

04-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

Please explain your hate for CanYouRunIt? Is it really inaccurate or something? And if so, why is that?
04-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Yes, it is inaccurate, as you can see here. This is because it is a web application, it can only do so much really...

I also doubt the creators put in specific requirements such as driver versions or vendors for that matter, I bet they only pay attention to CPU and RAM requirements.

04-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Find