Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Make a New Forum For Map/Script(ing) Tutorials?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah,That would be a great idea. I would join it!
64.29%
9 64.29%
Hell no. Why would we?
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sub (Another) Forum For Scripting and mapping Tutorials?
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Sub (Another) Forum For Scripting and mapping Tutorials?

Would this be a good idea?? (I hope this poll works Big Grin)
I could make a very simple forum so people can post Tutorials, Ask stuff. It would be pretty easy i guess.
(Oh, And i would appreciate it that IF you said Yes or No, That you can explain why you said that??)
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011, 03:43 PM by laser50.)
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Sub (Another) Forum For Scripting and mapping Tutorials?

The only reason I said no is because, well, that's kinda what we already have here, isn't it? If you have questions, you ask them on this forum, which is honestly the best community I have ever been a part of. The people are nice and helpful almost 100% of the time, and even if you can't find an answer here on the forums, we have the tutorial pages and script functions on the wiki.

Don't get me wrong, having a forum dedicated to tutorials and such wouldn't be a BAD thing, I just don't really see the need for it, since we have pretty much all of it here anyway.

04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Sub (Another) Forum For Scripting and mapping Tutorials?

I agree that questions should remain in this forum - it is better to have a question asked once in one place, than in two places. I did vote yes though, I just think a child board, like the "showcase" specifically for well written, in-depth tutorials could be helpful for new scripters, just for the accessibility.

Failing that, a pinned topic acting as an index of tutorials posted on this board would be a nice idea too; and actually, now that I think about it, is probably a better solution - or at least for the moment to test how much content and demand there is - I can't see a flood of tutorials drowning out questions happening just yet.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011, 10:36 PM by Apjjm.)
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Find