Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help im stuck!
iliketacos Offline

Threads: 1
Help im stuck!

So i am really liking amnesia but i encountered a problem, I am in the cistern right now, (the water part of it) and i turned all of the valves that were reachable like the one past the rusty bridge and the one near the chamber. There are valves with steam spraying out and in the walkthroughs i check out the steam stays on then goes off for a second. Mine will not go off at all it stays on forever so i cant pass it.. Please help me!
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Help im stuck!

(04-25-2011, 10:04 PM)iliketacos Wrote: So i am really liking amnesia but i encountered a problem, I am in the cistern right now, (the water part of it) and i turned all of the valves that were reachable like the one past the rusty bridge and the one near the chamber. There are valves with steam spraying out and in the walkthroughs i check out the steam stays on then goes off for a second. Mine will not go off at all it stays on forever so i cant pass it.. Please help me!

A few ideas,

Did you do everything EXACTLY the way the walkthroughs do? Same order and everything?

Did you turn the wheel the right way?

Did you wait for it to kind of "Click" in place?

Did you try all of the above?
04-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Find
iliketacos Offline

(04-25-2011, 10:27 PM)Simpanra Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 10:04 PM)iliketacos Wrote: So i am really liking amnesia but i encountered a problem, I am in the cistern right now, (the water part of it) and i turned all of the valves that were reachable like the one past the rusty bridge and the one near the chamber. There are valves with steam spraying out and in the walkthroughs i check out the steam stays on then goes off for a second. Mine will not go off at all it stays on forever so i cant pass it.. Please help me!

A few ideas,

Did you do everything EXACTLY the way the walkthroughs do? Same order and everything?

Did you turn the wheel the right way?

Did you wait for it to kind of "Click" in place?

Did you try all of the above?

Ok in the machine like room i cant move anything anymore "stuck in place" and i turned all the valves in the water area so i dont know what else i can do
04-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

In the macchine room, did you go to the very end room with the slots in the wall to fit pipes? That may be why your valves aint working?
04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
iliketacos Offline

(04-25-2011, 11:30 PM)Simpanra Wrote: In the macchine room, did you go to the very end room with the slots in the wall to fit pipes? That may be why your valves aint working?

yes i put the pipes in.
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Iliketacos, I had the very same problem, so I just run through them and quickly aided myself with Laudanum. Just do the same, don't worry about those streams.( if you HAVE LaudanumBig Grin)
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

(04-26-2011, 06:44 PM)Fomzo Wrote: Iliketacos, I had the very same problem, so I just run through them and quickly aided myself with Laudanum. Just do the same, don't worry about those streams.( if you HAVE LaudanumBig Grin)
They can't kill you anyway.
And you'll just heal up.

Actually the only things that can kill you in Amnesia are monsters, scripted events and falls into the void. (as far as I know)
04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Website Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

I'm gonna test that right now >_> brb gonna steam clean Daniel xD

-edit- Yup, stood in front of the steam jet for several minutes, was max hurt but never died. Sanity was crystal clear as well.

I understand that balance is difficult - challenge/frustration - but this is as disappointing as discovering that max insanity doesn't make you kill yourself. -.-
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2011, 01:24 AM by Serena.)
04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Really?...I'm a bit disappointed in this fact. Sad I screwed around in the orb room last time I played and kept charging head first into the electrical field while waiting for the portal to open but nothing ever became of that. Thought that might be the only case...
04-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

I think, the reason for it is to prevent the game from being frustrating at all.
I'm playing Dead Space at the moment and it's not really immersing me as much as Amnesia.
Yeah it's a great game, but g*dd*mn frustrating from time to time.
Amnesia doesn't really have those frustrating times, even if you die you don't loose any progress and you can save at any point.
So why should the game kill you a h*ck load of times anyway?

Also, if you turn insane in real life, you won't die because of it.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2011, 07:04 AM by Som1Lse.)
04-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Website Find