Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Error when getting started
BlueFalkon Offline

Threads: 3
Error when getting started

Hey, I'm new here and new to the custom stories feature.

I referred to the wiki documentation as well as a video tutorial on YouTube, but when I load Amnesia I get a black screen that freezes my computer until I press CTRL+ALT+DEL. There is an error behind the window that says "Failed to load config file" or something of the sort. As far as I can tell and after double-checking it I did everything in the documentation correctly.

I cannot even load the game anymore to play it normally. Can anyone help?
04-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Error when getting started

Does this happen as soon as you open Amnesia or after you try to open a custom story?

04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Find
BlueFalkon Offline

(04-27-2011, 03:51 PM)Anxt Wrote: Does this happen as soon as you open Amnesia or after you try to open a custom story?

When I turn on Amnesia I have a black, frozen screen. It doesn't even give the Frictional logo.

I fixed it by undoing what the documentation told me; however, I cannot quickly test my map nor can I debug it, I can only play it in custom story mode.
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

I had the same issue, and as a result I never tried to go into dev mode. It saved me a lot of time and things just worked out better for me. I suggest just playing it in custom story mode. It isn't that bad.

04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Find
BlueFalkon Offline

I tend to have a crapload of problems when I'm new to stuff like this so I'm gonna keep the basic stuff to this thread.

I'm having a problem right now with placing sound. As a test I placed the sound ui_torture.snt on a piano and tried to make it so it'll only play near the piano. Every single test I've done no matter what changes I make to the sound it plays in the entire room. I fell out of the room and it still plays. How do you change a sound to only play near an area?
04-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

I think in that case, since it is actually defined as a UI (user interface) sound, it might always play it at the player's location. Try it with a different sound and see if the problem persists.

04-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Find