Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone want to make an expansion?
Zippy Offline

Threads: 1
Anyone want to make an expansion?

You might be saying, "Sounds interesting, but what will you be doing, Zippy?" I'm glad you asked! I'll admit that I don't know how to use the mapper. My C++ is a bit weak but I still may be able to assist with some scripts, although I'd recommend someone better to handle the more important stuff.

On a more positive note, I can 3D model quite well - same goes for my graphic design/texture abilities and my video editing (if needed). I will also provide the writing and main character's voice acting (if wanted), unless someone else has a better story development than I do. I've been in about 6 game/mod development teams for my 3D modeling and graphic-related skills. I've been often mocked for my creepy voice and creepy demeanor and ways of thinking, and that kind of thing would fit Amnesia perfectly.

In the event I get some mappers; the said mappers will get to make the maps in any way they want (assuming they fit the game, obviously). I don't want to restrict people to "make maps the way I want them to!" You mappers will be able to express your own creativity in any way you want. Anyone interested?
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2011, 04:18 AM by Zippy.)
04-30-2011, 04:17 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Anyone want to make an expansion?

Well..I'm working on my own thing, but I was wondering, could I perhaps ask you about some texturing methods and such in the future? I can't make a texture to save my life right now. :V
04-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

I would help script and all, but same as MrBigzy, I'm working on my own project. :/

04-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Find
X4anco Offline

Threads: 66

I'll help with mapping. I'm quite used to it and I'm not working on anything (yet).
(04-30-2011, 12:45 PM)X4anco Wrote: I'll help with mapping. I'm quite used to it and I'm not working on anything (yet).

I'm no good at voice acting or story development

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM by X4anco.)
04-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Find
NylePudding Offline

Threads: 23

I don't have much time on my hands right now, but I would be happy to help and get involved somehow. Big Grin

I think I more good at creative ideas and level design at the moment, but I love love to help on the overall story development. I'm getting my head around scripting and C++ more than I ever thought I would, so maybe in the future I would be able to help with that.

Does anyone know if creating whole new handheld items (like lanterns) is an simple thing to do? Because I think I have a great idea for an item, which would add a whole new set of mechanics to the game. Just tell me or reply if you want to hear what it is.

Finally I don't know how long you plan this project to take, but I will have loads of time on my hands after my exams on the 28th of June. But maybe that's too late.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2011, 09:11 AM by NylePudding.)
05-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Find
X4anco Offline

Threads: 66

(04-30-2011, 12:45 PM)X4anco Wrote: I'll help with mapping. I'm quite used to it and I'm not working on anything (yet).

I'm no good at voice acting or story development

Sorry I'm working on my own stuffs now

05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

If your still thinking about going through with this I could help with the story writing but I'm terrible at scripting Sad

05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Threads: 7

If you can model at all, (i don't care how good or bad you may be) I would really appreciate it if you could check out my "request for models" post.

PLEASE!!!!!! ANY MODELS AT ALL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY EVERYONE!!!!!

thanks! Smile
05-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Find
Greven Offline

Threads: 13

Well i am currently working on my own project but since its seem to have stopped for the moment i would be more than happy to help. I can both script and do the maps.

Pm me if you dont already have a full team Smile

[WIP] Recidivus
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2011, 08:44 AM by Greven.)
05-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Find