Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics

we need more information.

1) What operating system do you have?
2) What graphics cards do you have(embedded & dedicated)?
3) Desktop or laptop and which model exactly?
4) Have you updated the game to v1.2 update?
5) Attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder
06-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
matlbr Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics

(06-25-2011, 12:27 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: we need more information.

1) What operating system do you have?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

2) What graphics cards do you have(embedded & dedicated)?

AMD Radeon 6630 M with newest version of catalyst drivers
Mobility Intel ® HD Graphics

3) Desktop or laptop and which model exactly?

Dell Vostro 3450

4) Have you updated the game to v1.2 update?

Yes

5) Attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder

Attached.

On game screen I can only see a small white dot, souds works correctly. The launcher application detects onlu my Intel graphic card, there is no way to choose other card. After click "Detect" button the system generates message "Card not listed, assuming medium settings".

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.41 KB / Downloads: 170)
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

This is not the correct HPL.log. You can find it at Documents\Amnesia\Main folder and not the game folder at Program Files.
06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Find
matlbr Offline

(06-25-2011, 10:35 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: This is not the correct HPL.log. You can find it at Documents\Amnesia\Main folder and not the game folder at Program Files.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 10.18 KB / Downloads: 181)
06-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Well, almost always this happens when it comes to Intel HD embedded cards and AMD dedicated ones at laptops. Always the Intel one is detected and I don't know why. But, you Intel card does support OpenGL 3.0 when the game requires 2.1 and with the latest driver you can play the game even with the Intel one. Make sure you have this installed:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

After a reboot, run the game with compatibility set to Windows XP SP3 and try it. It should work just fine.

I haven't found a solution yet on how to start the game with the AMD card. It has to do something with power options and stuff like that but I don't really know since I don't have such a laptop.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2011, 11:50 AM by plutomaniac.)
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

1) update your integrated drivers to the latest version
do you have a 4 series card? x4500? gma hd?
you should go here and check if its current
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

2) try to disable the integrated card at device manager

can you choose your prefered card in the ati cataclyst control? i think you can(or was it nvidia)
try that!

3) also update your dedicated one, i think that helps

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-25-2011, 01:46 PM)BlueFury Wrote: 1) update your integrated drivers to the latest version

can you choose your prefered card in the ati cataclyst control? i think you can(or was it nvidia)
try that!

1) I asked him and said HD which does support the game
2) Do not do that, it will make the laptop unstable. This is only for desktop
3) That's the link I gave him above
06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(06-25-2011, 02:52 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 01:46 PM)BlueFury Wrote: 1) update your integrated drivers to the latest version

try that!

1) I asked him and said HD which does support the game
2) Do not do that, it will make the laptop unstable. This is only for desktop
3) That's the link I gave him above

lol sorry

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
matlbr Offline

(06-25-2011, 11:49 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Well, almost always this happens when it comes to Intel HD embedded cards and AMD dedicated ones at laptops. Always the Intel one is detected and I don't know why. But, you Intel card does support OpenGL 3.0 when the game requires 2.1 and with the latest driver you can play the game even with the Intel one. Make sure you have this installed:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

After a reboot, run the game with compatibility set to Windows XP SP3 and try it. It should work just fine.

I haven't found a solution yet on how to start the game with the AMD card. It has to do something with power options and stuff like that but I don't really know since I don't have such a laptop.

I can't install such driver becouse setup program shows me message that on my laptop is this driver is incorrect for my system (strange) .

Thank's for your help.
06-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

If your model has not been given from the manufacturer the new Intel drivers which support the game (2361) then you cannot play the game.
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Find