Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mouse problem
BlueFalkon Offline

Threads: 3
Mouse problem

I'm having an issue whenever I load my custom stories. It happens 99% of the time I first turn on the game. When I enter my custom story (any one, even brand new ones) the mouse does not work. I cannot turn or examine or do anything. If I exit the story, continue a save file, exit the save file, go back to the story, it works.

How do I fix this?

Edit: Additional problem. Sometimes, about 10% of the time I load a custom story, I enter some sort of debug mode which shows current sounds and everything is in black and white and in wireframe mode. I did not do anything different when opening the story.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 03:36 AM by BlueFalkon.)
05-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

RE: Mouse problem

(05-02-2011, 03:35 AM)BlueFalkon Wrote: I'm having an issue whenever I load my custom stories. It happens 99% of the time I first turn on the game. When I enter my custom story (any one, even brand new ones) the mouse does not work. I cannot turn or examine or do anything. If I exit the story, continue a save file, exit the save file, go back to the story, it works.

How do I fix this?

Edit: Additional problem. Sometimes, about 10% of the time I load a custom story, I enter some sort of debug mode which shows current sounds and everything is in black and white and in wireframe mode. I did not do anything different when opening the story.

Are you getting the first error when you start any custom story or the real game, or just your own story?

Are you sure you're starting the game with the same profile every time for the second problem? Say, you log onto dev_user nine times but then you forget about it and you choose another profile the next time, thus having different settings?
05-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Find
BlueFalkon Offline

I seem to have fixed both problems by discontinue logging into dev_user. By logging into my main story profile I have never encountered this problem again. The issue seems to be in dev_user but I don't see a need to have it fixed since the dev environment won't work at all anyway.
05-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

(05-03-2011, 02:06 AM)BlueFalkon Wrote: I seem to have fixed both problems by discontinue logging into dev_user. By logging into my main story profile I have never encountered this problem again. The issue seems to be in dev_user but I don't see a need to have it fixed since the dev environment won't work at all anyway.

I advice you to fix it, a dev environment is essential to your success. You will have a very hard time without it. Make sure you edit the correct files and that you edit the correct items.
05-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Find
BlueFalkon Offline

(05-03-2011, 07:07 AM)Roenlond Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 02:06 AM)BlueFalkon Wrote: I seem to have fixed both problems by discontinue logging into dev_user. By logging into my main story profile I have never encountered this problem again. The issue seems to be in dev_user but I don't see a need to have it fixed since the dev environment won't work at all anyway.

I advice you to fix it, a dev environment is essential to your success. You will have a very hard time without it. Make sure you edit the correct files and that you edit the correct items.

I followed the documentation 100% and it does not work. I started over and tried video tutorials and it does not work. I started over and downloaded files from other people who did it, it still doesn't work.

I'm sure I'll manage, I've made it through worse with other stuff.
05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

(05-03-2011, 08:40 AM)BlueFalkon Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 07:07 AM)Roenlond Wrote:

I followed the documentation 100% and it does not work. I started over and tried video tutorials and it does not work. I started over and downloaded files from other people who did it, it still doesn't work.

I'm sure I'll manage, I've made it through worse with other stuff.

Hm that's a bummer, hope you'll manage though Smile
05-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Find