Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is this a bug?
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
Is this a bug?

I'm in the weird dream place where the hive mind thing is testing me. I'm at the 3rd challenge (with the stone blocks and the pressure plates and the doors) and after playing through it a few times, it keeps going back to the spiral staircase place as though I'd died when all I did was hear the guy die, and walk forward a few steps. Other times, it'll "kill" me if I just hear the guy die, then touch the stone block. It didn't do this before.

Also there's a few graphical glitches going on as well. (weird distortions in the upper left hand corner of the screen and I keep seeing a weird fog covered pillar in the distance, but it moves with the view, not with the world, and it is clearly not supposed to be there.
Since I've got nothing else to do right now... a video of the problem (the graphical glitches cleared up after I restarted the game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkUKMb5WP4
Nevermind I'm an idiot!Angry
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2011, 10:26 PM by GraphicsKid.)
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Is this a bug?

Nope, that's not a glitch.

Spoiler below!

You're supposed to find a way to prevent the guy from dying.

05-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

I figured that out eventually... but it seems kind of dumb seeing as how it's the exact same outcome, regardless of whose shoes I'm in, yet the flamethrower at the door at the end activates UNLESS I sacrifice myself and take the identity of the other guy... but WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE??? Nevermind... whatever... I'm past it...
05-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(05-06-2011, 06:15 AM)GraphicsKid Wrote: but WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE???

Spoiler below!
It's to prove to the hivemind that you are not selfish and are prepared to lay down your life for someone else.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 07:52 AM by Bek.)
05-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You're not taking 'the identity of the other guy', you're thinking with multiple bodies with one consciousness. It's been a while so I don't remember it exactly, but I think the final flamethrower is not arbitrary, but mechanically activated if you try to solve the puzzle as though you are only one person.
1st Situation: You push the button that opens the door freeing the second body and activating the second flamethrower, body B dies by the first flamethrower, you are stuck.
2nd Situation: You die by the first flamethrower, which when spent opens the door to the second body, bypassing the button and keeping second flamethrower disabled. Body B reaches the end.
05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Oh I know that, I just wanted the puzzles to all operate mechanically, not based on some kind of "intent."
05-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

That's not the point at all though...lol
05-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Find