Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Entities
ricky horror Offline

Threads: 8
Custom Entities

How do you get custom entities to appear in Level Editor? Thus far, what I've had to do is place a random entity with similar properties, then click on "Entity File" under General for that entity to change it to the custom one. Rather than having to do that, how do I get them to show up in the list of entities I can select from?? :/

Amnesia: Ricky's Horror - Full Conversion
05-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Custom Entities

(05-02-2011, 10:30 AM)ricky horror Wrote: How do you get custom entities to appear in Level Editor? Thus far, what I've had to do is place a random entity with similar properties, then click on "Entity File" under General for that entity to change it to the custom one. Rather than having to do that, how do I get them to show up in the list of entities I can select from?? :/

I would assume that you have already done this, but have you put them in any folder inside "Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\entities"? Scratch the redist if you're on steam.
05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Find
ricky horror Offline

(05-02-2011, 10:39 AM)Roenlond Wrote: I would assume that you have already done this, but have you put them in any folder inside "Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\entities"? Scratch the redist if you're on steam.

yes, i have
they don't show up in the level editor that way :/

05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Could there possibly be anything of use in the MainEditorSettings.cfg file? try changing the entities folder to your own to see if it even shows up then.
05-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Find
ricky horror Offline

(05-02-2011, 10:54 AM)Roenlond Wrote: Could there possibly be anything of use in the MainEditorSettings.cfg file? try changing the entities folder to your own to see if it even shows up then.

alright, so I got them to finally show up after moving them around in the entities folder without messing with the MainEditorSettings.cfg file. Now if I add the entities to the map, then, in my custom story's folder, added a folder in it called entities and put copies of the custom entities used in the maps, would people who play the story be able to have them visible in the maps? Without installing the entities themselves?

05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

I think you have to install entities to get them to work =/ I know custom sounds just require a folder and that's all, but i think entities need to be installed... sorry for not being very helpful =/ I just try and help with what limited knowledge i posses =)

For example, Scarecrow required you to install the new entities into your amnesia root =)
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 11:02 AM by Simpanra.)
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

(05-02-2011, 10:59 AM)ricky horror Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 10:54 AM)Roenlond Wrote: Could there possibly be anything of use in the MainEditorSettings.cfg file? try changing the entities folder to your own to see if it even shows up then.

alright, so I got them to finally show up after moving them around in the entities folder without messing with the MainEditorSettings.cfg file. Now if I add the entities to the map, then, in my custom story's folder, added a folder in it called entities and put copies of the custom entities used in the maps, would people who play the story be able to have them visible in the maps? Without installing the entities themselves?

To be honest, I frankly have no idea Smile I have never tried it, I just wanted to help with suggestions haha. I could try it out for you, if you'd like. Create a room with basically only the custom entity and send me the custom story, if it shows up it works I guess! Big Grin
05-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Find
ricky horror Offline

(05-02-2011, 11:51 AM)Roenlond Wrote: To be honest, I frankly have no idea Smile I have never tried it, I just wanted to help with suggestions haha. I could try it out for you, if you'd like. Create a room with basically only the custom entity and send me the custom story, if it shows up it works I guess! Big Grin

Haha, okay. xD

05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Find