Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amnesia install problems
vando23 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago amnesia install problems

Hi, so i am having some problems with installing the game through steam.
Below is a message i sent to steam which told me it wasnt there problem and to contact here.

"I am having problems with my purchase of amnesia the dark descent on the mac.
Originally when i bought it a few weeks ago and installed it it was working fine, then a week ago when i went to play it again it started playing up, it took forever to get started and then steam crashed, when i went to play again it said there was an update for it which never showed up or started in my downloads, and when i clicked play, it said the servers were busy. So now it says its downloading an update even though nothing is showing up and whenever i click play (ive tried this for over a week now) it says servers busy. So today i deleted local content and tried to reinstall which still tells me servers are still busy."

Its been about 3 weeks now and no luck and no help. Im not sure what the problem could be.
05-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: amnesia install problems

Servers being busy is a steam issue, as amnesia doesn't use servers.

My suggestion would be to clean the following files from the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam folder..

ClientRegistry.blob
AppUpdateStats.blob

and startup the steam client and see if it works.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
05-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Website Find