Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Talent Thread
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Talent Thread

SIGNED DAN
05-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

cryaotic Wrote:Voice Acting.

I really just did this as a joke because I had a weird voice idea in mind, so I gave it a go. Thank you for the sample reading!

I knew this was going to be interesting, yay! Big Grin[/code]
05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Find
Rigi Offline

Threads: 2

Here goes my not all too modest entry. Kind of ended up that way because, you know, these are credentials and all.

I'm a voice actress (spawn of two theater majors) and writer (I actually got a national medal for one of the poems I've written <_<""). I couldn't do a recording because I tried and tried and my lovely piece of crap mic makes me sound terrible. I'm probably going to get my own personal non-crap mic, but for the actual recording of voice-acting stuff I'd really be using a recorder that belongs to my father. It's a professional musicians recorder, and sound quality obviously is better than what I could pull off right now. I'll work on managing a recording.
05-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

I don't know if it is "accepted", but I allowed myself to do three other recordings, simply a way of showing that I enjoy trying to do different kind of voices. Actually if thinks it would be good if those who can do other kind of voices would post more samples,

First one, I call it my lame attempt at trying to sound like John Hurt.

Second one with me doing some kind of crazy/psychotic voice, the inspiration being obviously Clarence in the Penumbra series. I wrote a little paragraph of some voice talking in Daniel's head after some random water-monster chase scene.

Quote:Er…Daniel ?...Daniel ?...Hey ! Daniel ! You’re still alive ? Oh, boy, yes you are! Haha! That was amazingly executed, the way you managed to save ourselves from those brutes…I am really impressed, honestly. Who would have thought that, you know, simply throwing a book in the water would distract them. Even myself I couldn’t have thought about such a trick…Otherwise I would have told you about it. Yes. You do believe me when I say I would have helped you. No answers, what is it Daniel? Don’t care to trust the little voice in your head, hmmm? Well, never mind, I know the time will come where you will learn to trust me. You will have no other choice than to trust me, once you will enter my world. With my rules.

Third one, random noble-dude voice. I wrote the following paragraph without really thinking about what I was saying before starting to realize how dumb the situation was sounding. I mean, imagine for a moment Daniel walking around Brennenburg with some giant cow-bell around his neck.

Daniel: Oh please. Oh God. Oh please. Do not ring, do not ring, do not...
"DING! DANG! DOOONG!"
Random-grunt-in-a-nearby-room: Uuurgh?
Daniel: RUN!!!

Quote:This part of the castle is rather old as you can see. The last fire demolished many of these corridors and sadly the damages where such that, alas, there was no way we could rebuild most of them, even with the help of all the servants. This place can be rather dangerous: be careful where you step, some sections of the floor might not be very solid. Trust me if I tell you do not wish to wander in this wing of the castle during the night. Still, knowing how good you are at not following advices even if that puts yourself into God knows what trouble, if you ever wish to explore these galleries on your own after nightfall, you may do so. But do not forget to take the bell we left in your room anytime you will venture after dusk. It is imperative that you do not forget your bell. And please, do not ask me why: odd customs from our master, the last thing you want is him discovering you are exploring the castle without your bell!

I know, nothing original, I'm just stupidly mimicking voices I already heard somewhere else...Maybe one day I'll be able to come up with my own style.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM by Xss.)
05-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(05-04-2011, 04:51 AM)Xss Wrote: Second one with me doing some kind of crazy/psychotic voice, the inspiration being obviously Clarence in the Penumbra series. I wrote a little paragraph of some voice talking in Daniel's head after some random water-monster chase scene.

I loved this voice and style, seriously. I could see when some of your accent slipped in, but it was still really dang good.

I would love to hear you in some future custom stories. Would make them all the more enjoyable!

05-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Find
Karai16 Offline

Threads: 24

(05-04-2011, 04:51 AM)Xss Wrote: I don't know if it is "accepted", but I allowed myself to do three other recordings, simply a way of showing that I enjoy trying to do different kind of voices. Actually if thinks it would be good if those who can do other kind of voices would post more samples,

First one, I call it my lame attempt at trying to sound like John Hurt.

Second one with me doing some kind of crazy/psychotic voice, the inspiration being obviously Clarence in the Penumbra series. I wrote a little paragraph of some voice talking in Daniel's head after some random water-monster chase scene.

Third one, random noble-dude voice. I wrote the following paragraph without really thinking about what I was saying before starting to realize how dumb the situation was sounding. I mean, imagine for a moment Daniel walking around Brennenburg with some giant cow-bell around his neck.

I know, nothing original, I'm just stupidly mimicking voices I already heard somewhere else...Maybe one day I'll be able to come up with my own style.

I have to say, you're good at it. It doesn't matter if it isn't original, because sometimes, we may just need the voices of characters that are already introduced Smile

Custom stories:
Her Games (100% Complete)
Her Games, All Bugs Fixed (100% Complete)
05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Nice Xss, your accent make for a pretty unique voice.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Find
Karai16 Offline

Threads: 24

is there a possible way we could make this a sticky? because it isn't really gonna help people find what they need, if it disappears to the back...

Custom stories:
Her Games (100% Complete)
Her Games, All Bugs Fixed (100% Complete)
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(05-04-2011, 11:22 PM)Karai16 Wrote: is there a possible way we could make this a sticky? because it isn't really gonna help people find what they need, if it disappears to the back...

There are a few threads that should be, I really don't think this thread really needs a sticky though.

05-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Find
Rigi Offline

Threads: 2

(05-04-2011, 11:26 PM)Russ Money Wrote: There are a few threads that should be, I really don't think this thread really needs a sticky though.

Well, this thread really is a reference thread, though for people that need actors or writers or collaborators for their custom stories and not for scripting basics, tips, and the like. Not only is it a great convenience, but it also would help centralize part of the community in that having this immediate resource for needed talent would show more collaboration in these stories and increase intimate interaction since it would be so easy to access and browse. Stickies are very easy to access.

There's also the fact that we probably won't see this thread becoming too discussion-heavy, which means it will inevitably drop back into the abyss of old threads. Making it a sticky would really help the thread realize its full potential.
05-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Find