Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grunt just won't stick around [FALSE ALARM]
Fnoigy Offline

Threads: 4
Grunt just won't stick around [FALSE ALARM]

So in this smaller map, there's 3 different grunts that spawn at various points. All 3 grunts are set to start their patrol path, get to the end, turn around, and follow it back to a certain area. When they collide with that area, they're deactivated, a sound plays, and that's that.

For some reason, though, when the final one spawns, he just immediately de-spawns just a few seconds later without following the path nodes I have set up for him. I tried reducing the number of nodes he had to follow, making him spawn closer to the player, moving his collide callback to some other place in the code, but no luck. And it's not his de-spawn trigger acting prematurely, since it's not playing the sound that I scripted with it.

In short, level has 3 different grunts that all basically do the same thing. For some reason, one of them won't do it, and instead immediately goes away after spawning. Can anybody clue me in to what's going on here?
UPDATE!

Nevermind, it seems I accidentally goofed up and made the accompanying spawn sound play at the door where his deactivation area is, so he was just waddling over to investigate the noise and ceasing to exist cause he's a genius.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 09:41 PM by Fnoigy.)
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Find