Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Request for Models
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Request for Models

(05-14-2011, 05:53 PM)dragonlordsd Wrote: Hahahah, yes!!! CREEEPPYYY!!!!!
Smile

I can stand the amnesia monsters, but if I was being chased down a hallway by Ronald McDonald I'd probably die in real life. Confused
05-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-14-2011, 05:04 PM)dragonlordsd Wrote: Interesting, Danarogon, I was thinking something more along the lines of these:

but your idea is probably a lot easier and still pretty creepy.

....well i do like thw clown idea....
05-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Website Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Threads: 7

Well, they aren't clowns per se, but it's just really creepy to have innocent looking children's toys in a really creepy manor. In fact, a whole nursery set would be really cool, like in scratches.
05-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Find
Zippy Offline

Threads: 1

Do you still need that pig head model? And what format should the models be saved in?
05-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Well, I'm in need of 2-3 simple models. Anyone willing to help me too? I can't pay you, but I can thank you and credit you Smile

05-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Website Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

I know this isn't really a model edit as such but i could really do with one simple thing =) You know the great big gold-ish chandelier with the orange glowing candles? Can somebody please make me a rag-doll one of those? I want to make it fall from the roof after an earthquake =)

I will give you all the credit and such for the model in my credits (and i am aiming for my project to be BIG so it will promote you very well ^_^)

Thank you so much to whoever decides to help me =)

Edd,
05-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Zippy: Yeah, the pig head still hasn't been uploaded, so I do need it.
As for what format models should be saved in, there has been a long list of threads about how to convert different file types. Unfortunately, I have understood none of them. I understand that they have gotten blender and maya formats to convert, but if you don't want to mess around with that, you could just upload the file and I'll figure out a way to convert it.
Oh, yeah, and since this thread seems to be getting used by more and more people, perhaps we should make it sticky?

By the way, if both zippy and nkmol upload different pig heads, I will use both of them in my maps. Because, you can never have too much variety. Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 02:43 PM by dragonlordsd.)
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

well the problem here is, i've finished my pig head model. But i've never used texturing before, well whith easy shapes, not shapes like these. Also my big head look way les good when it's imported in 3DS max.
I've already 'pelt' my model for the texture, now i only need to make a realistic texture Tongue
btw there is already a plate and apple (rotten) in the game, so that wouldn't be a problem. so only the texture is the problem :S and format should me .DAE for amnesia Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM by nkmol.)
05-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Find
dragonlordsd Offline

awesome. Since I plan to scale the head to an accurate proportion, it probably won't have to be super detailed. The real key is getting the textures to fit in with the style of the other models. Obviously, as you pointed out, since we already have a rotten apple, that can just be inserted, and since we have a plate, I can just put it on that if I have to. What we don't have is little fruit slices or grapes or potpourri to surround it with on the platter. It's not that important, but it would be a nice touch.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!! I'm really loooking forward too it!! Smile
05-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

strange thing is, i've made a quick texture for the pig. But when i want to add it to the one in 3DS max, my pelt (UVW) is gone. And hasn't been saved, even when i saved it (the model and the UVW) :S this is the texture now in 2d flat :

[Image: fark.png]

if any other modder knows how to solve this, please feel free to comment Tongue

btw, i hadn't this problem whith a easy box model :S strange, i'll figure this out tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 09:55 PM by nkmol.)
05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Find